📚📚 Read every day challenge - Summer 2022 🏖 ☀

:spiral_calendar: Day 7: July 7th :tanabata_tree::stars:

Today’s focus: Make extra progress on limited free trial volumes. One more week to finish up トカゲ volume 1, to get through ツバキ volume 2, and to get through キョーコ volumes 2 and 3. No need to rush, but I want to ensure I’m aware of my time limit here!

🎀 ふだつきのキョーコちゃん Volume 1 (70% ➨ 100%)

I’d been wondering: What would happen if Kyouko loses her ribbon, the item that suppresses her being emotional and thirsting for human blood, when her big brother isn’t around to handle things?

Seems like a problem for the unsuspecting kids around her, until she inadvertently gets stuck in a wall.

(Eventually, her brother finds her.)

🦎 怪獣のトカゲ Volume 1 (16% ➨ 28%)

What stands out to me most going into this series is how much the art style differs from the one-off.

The original one-off story had the same bold lines art style as 「からかい上手の高木さん」 grew into and 「それでも歩は寄せてくる」 (which is a style I like). For this series, the art style has softer lines.

image image

This results in the image resolution feeling lower, even though it’s the same resolution as the short stories release. This series probably would benefit from being the larger resolution of 「それでも歩は寄せてくる」 (which is 1125x1600, versus this series being 844x1200).

I feel a bit vindicated that someone noticed! Good to know the mangaka was aware as well :wink:

spacer:ninja:t2: くノ一ツバキの胸の内 Volume 2 (0% ➨ 34%)"]

This got me curious about how many characters there are in volume one of Orange.

Excluding any unrelated story chapter or afterward notes from the author, the total character count for volume one of Orange is somewhere around 13,800 characters.

(Not that that tells us anything substantial.)

I ended up relying on my browser's bookmarks for WaniKani community bookmarks.

Screenshot_20220707_150757

But I always have the bookmarks toolbar enabled, so it’s easy to access.

28 Likes