📚📚 Read every day challenge - Summer 2022 🏖 ☀

Jul 6, Wed of Week 2 of Summer :beach_umbrella: 2022

From yesterday, I finished

• 進撃の巨人 1, where I felt a big cliffhanger (and some expectations + theories) – so I bought vol 2 (and skimmed :smirk:)
    • Also planned to go serious on translating big text pages, so I took note of Bookwalker page numbers.
    • Also took note of the years :calendar:
  • 夜カフェ 1 :shrimp:
    • I still feel I don’t understand enough, although I might understand better than the beginning…
    • I am thinking on whether to continue, if there is an offshoot; or to repeat vol 1?
      • Repeating at all seems to be a good option. – In my notetaking, this is simply creating a new folder.

Today, I read TUGUMI a little (about 12 pages on mobile), but it seems harder than I think… Should I still continue reading this series (with the club)?

Also read 妖怪の子預かります, which I don’t feel overwhelmingly hard or un-understandable, but I did look up vocabularies every once in a while.

• Not really looked up Yokai / name references yet though, although eventually probably I should.
  • Read about half of chapter 2. Not necessarily so easy. There are probably some odd grammar and hard-to-interpret things as well.
  • I decide to read the whole volume; but I can’t yet promise to continue to next volumes (because I saw Fantasy Series Recs thread, and the world is wide…)

Also played a VN – ATRI -My Dear Moments-, for 50 minutes.

• Seems like a book, with music, and limited text at a time. Audio is a big bonus, but 夏生 isn’t voiced.
  • Previously, I successfully set up Textractor (text hooker), but now I didn’t use it. Plain old dictionary app and finger-writing; also frequently I can guess readings.
    • It is very good that I didn’t rush, so that I can understand more.
  • I can also read and play audio from the log. (Sometimes sfx just for 萌)

Yesterday I mentioned updating Bookwalker. I read some comments on the books as well; but at my level, if comments are too long, I probably won’t read (or like)…

Replies

Art and creativity are always motivational :tada:

27 Likes