📚📚 Read every day challenge - Summer 2022 🏖 ☀

:spiral_calendar: Day 4: July 4th :us::fireworks:

spacer:male_detective:t3: SPY×FAMILY Volume 1 (47% ➨ 61%)

spacer:deciduous_tree: ちいさな森のオオカミちゃん Volume 2 (62% ➨ 71%)

🔍 名探偵コナン Volume 10 (18% ➨ 54%)

I think the case I read today may have more :astonished: moments than any prior case:

spacer:rabbit2: ご注文はうさぎですか? Complete Blend Volume 1 (41% ➨ 42%)

spacer:ribbon: ふだつきのキョーコちゃん Volume 1 (37% ➨ 54%)

🦎 怪獣のトカゲ Volume 1 (0% ➨ 16%)

This is another series I wasn’t interested in, based on the short story it’s based on. Like with Tsubaki and Kyouko, this one’s first volume is currently free for a couple more weeks. That means I can give it a try without being out any cash if I don’t care for it.

In the short story, a young lady finds Tokage-chan in the woods. Tokage-chan recently hatched and has been all alone since (but for reasons not touched upon, can speak perfect Japanese). The young lady pities Tokage-chan and brings her back home, where she and her little sister live (along with their dog).

The manga series recons the whole origin, instead having the younger sister find the unhatched egg out in the woods and bring it home:

No more being born all alone. But still entering the world with all the necessary vocabulary.

The first chapter carries over the story element from the short story where Tokage-chan gets startled and loses her tail, and the chapter ends shortly thereafter.

31 Likes