📚📚 Read every day challenge - Summer 2022 🏖 ☀

:spiral_calendar: Day 3: July 3rd :ocean::surfing_man:

spacer:tangerine: orange Volume 1 (10% ➨ 29%)
           I made a mistake and read two book club weeks worth on this one. Looks like I’m taking a break from it for a couple of weeks!

spacer:rabbit2: ご注文はうさぎですか? Complete Blend Volume 1 (40% ➨ 41%)

🎀 ふだつきのキョーコちゃん Volume 1 (20% ➨ 37%)

As is often the case in manga/anime, Kenji has the usual back window seat.

image image
From chapter one to two, Hibino’s starting to transition to the bushy eyebrows seen in other series.

It seems this series started publishing in 2013 (September) shortly after 「からかい上手の高木さん」 (July). The latter had its art style slowly change through 2015. I wonder if the same was true for 「ふだつきのキョーコちゃん」.

Whether I make it far enough to find out depends on how much the series leans into the things that I don’t care for in here (“angry” character + “sharp teeth” character design), which are probably going to be a common story beat.

spacer:girl: からかい上手の(元)高木さん Volume 4 (91% ➨ 100%)

🥷🏻 くノ一ツバキの胸の内 Volume 1 (50% ➨ 64%)

Coincidences can be funny at times.

Tsubaki’s design often reminds me of Yucie from ぷちぷり*ユーシィ, so my internal voice for Tsubaki is Yucie’s voice. And one episode of ぷちぷり*ユーシィ, Yucie is babysitting a pet named Mokurin.

Then, in Tsubaki, although not quite the same name, there’s a character named Mokuren.

This has the unfortunate side-effect of me “hearing” her name pronounced incorrectly anytime Tsubaki says it…

27 Likes