📚📚 Read every day challenge - Summer 2022 🏖 ☀

August 7th!

Today I read Chapter 31 of Mitsuboshi Colors. I didn’t have much trouble reading it grammar-wise, but I felt like I had to look up more words than I usually do! Maybe it was a bit more text-dense than usual.

On a semi-reading related note, I had big plans to get loads of reading done tomorrow as I’ll be dogsitting at a friends house - but I decided to go to the supermarket to buy some stuff for lunch today, and as I walked there I discovered that the Commonwealth Games Road Race route went almost right past my house (all of the road closure notices I’ve been ignoring suddenly made sense :sweat_smile:) and it was due to start in 15 minutes.
So my five minute walk to the shop became an impromptu four hours spent watching that instead.
In good news, it was way more fun than I expected! I was going to just watch them go past in the first lap - but ended up staying for all ten.
In bad news… I was dressed for a 5 minute walk to the shop, not 4 hours in the sun, so I am now horribly sunburnt - not sure how much reading I’ll get done tomorrow, because right now I’m sore and a bit nauseous!

(Home Post)

23 Likes