📚📚 Read every day challenge - Summer 2022 🏖 ☀

Aug 5, Fri of Week 6 of Summer :beach_umbrella: 2022

So, I continued reading JoJo Part 2 Vol 4/4 of monochrome version.

First of all is from その3 to the end of ワムウ , which takes 8 chapters. This part is OK, I guess; about some people with special abilities, in an interesting set-up. (And Hamon counts as a special ability.)

Then, the last antagonist…

I don't really like this one when.
  • A seemingly important protag’s comrade falls so quickly.
  • Too many other die-hard comrades. くだらん!

Anyway, regarding reading, I feel that I am quite used to manga, so I can look up vocabularies less to read faster, but then, I would need to know more vocabularies in advance, or infer from context (or sometimes from Kanji / sounds). There are mangas that I found difficult to read as well.

I am not used to novel or non-fiction of a book length type. Reading an article is fine, as long as it’s not too long, and I know enough vocabularies and structures. But not too long.

I can fix somehow with highlighting in Bookwalker (for non-mangas only), so that I can still notice the position when I switch between a tablet and a smartphone.

I might try to read quicker for manga (as long it’s still possible and fun), to clear the 積読 pile; but of course, remembering well, for recurring vocabularies, would be helpful.

I know I skipped 2 weeks of progressing here, but now I should rejoin. (I don’t read as fast as volume levels, so perhaps not Extensive Reading yet.)

21 Likes