📚📚 Read every day challenge - Summer 2021 🏖🏖

Summary post
July 4 Taking jlpt mock exam was tiring :zzz: I’m glad I decided to read a bit before that.

・Read the rest of this week’s Ningen Shikkaku.
・Finished Kono Oto Tomare vol. 3 (read half of it before going to sleep last night)
・Read the last bit of the second side story of SAO 8. (p 352 → 360) Just one side story left!

More jlpt people :eyes: :durtle_hello:

13 Likes

Today’s reading was a mixed bag really:

• First, I did the N2 mock JLPT (yay reading section :joy_cat:)
  • Then I participated in the コーヒーが冷めないうちに read aloud session
  • Finally, I listened to an audio recording of the first story of my 理髪店 book (will post more once I’m done with the book)
  • And because none of this felt like “proper” reading to me, I started this week’s assignment of 殺人出産 to top it all off. :sweat_smile:
14 Likes

I finished the first volume of the アポカリプスの砦 manga. The protagonist’s group stole a car and they left the prison. Outside they visited the protagonist’s home but his parents and older sister already turned into zombies. Then they noticed something strange happening. Using their bodies the zombies are building a pyramid. Lol the zombies are so silly.

I wanted to make a poll but I’m too tired today.

13 Likes

It meeeeeee!! (I couldn’t agree with you more, and I’m excited to not be alone :pleading_face:)

We’re on the other side now :durtle_noice:

5 Likes

Main post

Day 34 :ballot_box_with_check:
Satori Reader: The River Sanzu, Episode 10.

Tired, part 3 (Finale). Tomorrow IBC, hopefully; gotta catch up. 5 pages per day and I’m on track for next week.

14 Likes

Summary post

Day 34: July 4th
What did I read?: 不可解なぼくのすべてを Vol. 3
How much did I read?: 52 pages (2 chapters - finished the volume)
How long did it take me?: 50 min

Wow, ngl, reading this felt easy breezy compared to ふたりのライオン :laughing: Yay for Kotone coming out! I’m glad Mogumo finally had that conversation with her. And angel Mogumo was stunning :heart: Will be interested to see what happens in the next volume with Mogumo’s sister…they really did not look thrilled to see her :sweat_smile:

Absolutely! Here you go: ふたりのライオン bookmeter

14 Likes

Read 1 manga chapter today - went a lot faster than the last few - about 30 minutes. Started on the next one, but got a message from a friend and opted for a virtual hangout instead - it looked very text heavy when I opened it, so expecting it to take a bit longer tomorrow.

13 Likes

Home post

• July 4th からかい上手の高木さん chapter 4 page 16 one panel.

More moving house today. After today there is only 1 panel and I’ve finished this chapter, but I’m way too exhausted, I’ve already spent longer than I’d like to admit procrastinating and putting off this reading.

14 Likes

Wiki post

July 3 Update

It’s been a very rainy and dreary day, and with it has come a strong lack of motivation. I just managed to read the last chapter (and omake) of the 3rd volume of ハイキュー!! Glad that’s done, though this chapter was slightly more effort than the previous few. Everyone in the reading group agreed to go at a 2-chapters (ish) per week pace, so it’ll be interesting to see how that holds up over the next few months. Well, one more volume of ハイキュー!! down, 42 more to go!

June 4 Update

Today I attempted another few (4.5) pages of 君の名は. Probably took about an hour or an hour and a half to get through, and looking up words is becoming less and less troublesome (mostly because I’m getting used to it, not because I necessarily know more words on kanji). Though, I do feel like I at least partially recognize way more kanji now than I did at the beginning of June, even though I haven’t made nearly as much progress through WK in that time.

For once I’d like to read a body-switch story where it doesn’t focus on a woman’s breasts in great detail but perhaps I’m asking for too much.

I should probably look at the pace that was used by the intermediate book club for this book and try to keep up with/surpass that. I think if I can manage that, I should be able to join in the next intermediate book club’s pick.

18 Likes

Yesterday I read the first chapter of ヲタクに恋は難しい since it was free on BookWalker! Did not look anything up, so since I watched the anime and read the manga in English before, I knew I was missing most parts xD Still really proud of what I could read and how much faster I can read Japanese now ^^

16 Likes

Day 7: July 5th

At library after work.

Read:
気のきいた短いメールが書ける本:メール術
・無理をお願いする(4 pages)

Not much time today, need to prep for an interview and go to a work dinner thing, so just 4 pages again. But the point is to just read every day! So I will still consider this a win~

Edit: Read to the end of the chapter in 精霊の守り人 before bed.

14 Likes

Thanks, I went looking for it and couldn’t find it. I remember see that cover and instantly dismissing it as not the book for some reason. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Thanks, glad people can enjoy them. It’s been good revisiting Yotsuba in Japanese.

For Polar Bear Cafe, I’ll probably do it differently and make a single post per volume/week.

4 Likes

Read 3 more pages of IBC. Yesterday story was good so in the end I read more than planned and today I can take it slowly.

10 Likes

It’s been a while! Here’s to a new month of reading goodness. :blush:

I finished chapter 2 of 私の押しは悪役令嬢, bringing me to a bit over two thirds through the book. I’m still enjoying it.

I read a little bit more of 私の押しは悪役令嬢, and then decided to start a new book, 青の王, yet another one by 銭天堂 author 廣嶋玲子. This one is aimed at a bit of an older audience, I believe, maybe middle school? I think it’s about the same as 妖怪の子預かります in terms of language difficulty/target audience. There’s less oldish Japan feel and language, but more fantasy world feel and language. If that makes sense. :joy:

I didn’t read that day! I went camping, and between the preparations for that and the actual camping, I was quite busy relaxing by other means. :grin:

I read a few more chapters of 青の王 and a chapter of からかい上手の高木さん.

Same as yesterday - I finished からかい上手の高木さん volume 1. It’s cute, but unless it’s free I won’t be continuing this one.

I’ve plans to read a bit more tonight, maybe. Maybe.

13 Likes

Main post

Day 35 :ballot_box_with_check:
コーヒーが冷めないうちに , 5 pages.

Today IBC as planned :sunglasses: wanted to do some Satori Reader too but I have no more brain power.

12 Likes

Summary post
July 5 Somehow found myself playing minecraft for hours.

・Started the last side story of SAO 8. (p 361 → 370)
・Finished Kono Oto Tomare vol. 4

I don’t think I’ve recovered yet :rofl:

13 Likes

Read some sentences in my visual novels. I wanted to start reading a new manga but it seems all the manga I tried reading were much harder than the ones I already read.

Okay which videogame should I play?

• Famikom Detective Club
  • Fate Extra CCC
  • Soul Sacrifice Delta
  • Idolm@ster
  • Sol Trigger
  • Grandia 2
  • Black Rock Shooter The Game

0 voters

Most people probably don’t even know the games on that list lol.

5 Likes

Grandia 2 is great! :ok_hand:

1 Like

Yeah I played it in english a long time ago but never finished it. I will definitely replay it in japanese one day.

1 Like