πŸ“šπŸ“š Read every day challenge - Summer 2021 πŸ–πŸ–

Reply to Aislin

I may or may not have been lurking in the extensive reading thread for a while which prompted me to start reading the series to begin with. Like mentioned in this thread though the extensive reading thread is kind of scary with people reading what feels like a couple of books per month, so I assumed the light novel would be way above my level. :sweat_smile: Your encouraging words made it feel like something I could actually tackle, so you most definitely succeeded. :slightly_smiling_face:

Nevermind, I’m absolutely terrified of reading it again. :sweat_smile:

Main

July 2
Read 11 pages of 青ζ˜₯γ‚ͺカルティーン plus some tweets and youtube comments in Japanese. Some people here have mentioned how hard it is to get over the hurdle of reading long messages in Japanese since their brain instantly thinks that they won’t understand any of it anyways - same. This really pushed me to stop ignoring comments etc and actually try and read them. Sure enough I was able to understand a lot more than I thought I would. :confetti_ball:

July 3
Read an article of NHK Easy News where I only had to look up 1 word. I remember checking that page out last year and not really finding it β€œeasy” at all back then. :sweat_smile:
Also read 14 pages of 青ζ˜₯γ‚ͺカルティーン. The amount of text per panel makes this a really slow read but the lack of furigana also makes it excellent for reinforcing a lot of kanji readings.

10 Likes