📚📚 Read every day challenge - Summer 2021 🏖🏖

Wiki post

It’s been a while since I last posted, and that’s mainly because I’ve been drowning under job interviews and work, so I mostly didn’t read this week. Skipped Tuesday through Friday, but finally managed to read something yesterday and today.

June 26 Update
Honestly, I only really read this day because I had the Haikyuu read aloud and I didn’t want to go in without preparation. One chapter only took about 25 min (which feels great???). I wanted to keep reading but was also too tired to do so.

June 27 Update
Today’s the first sort of “free” day I’ve had in a while, and I decided to spend some of that time reading in Japanese. I started out by catching up with this week’s 日常. This is the last week of the book club, so I finished out the book. It’s at least a fun read, but it’s mostly not my style, so I’m kind of glad it’s over. Still, it resulted in several giggles, and it’s not a bad story by any stretch of the imagination.

Next was 明日、私は誰かのカノジョ. I only had about 40 pages left for this one, so I finished it out as well. Glad to know the story’s resolution, but also sad to be done with this main character. I’m not entirely sure how much I like the character that’s going to be the star of the next volume, but I think I’m likely to pick it up next time I buy more books from Japan.

After finishing these two, I still felt like reading some more, so I decided to get started on トニカクカワイイ. I’ve watched the anime for this on Crunchyroll and thought it was entertaining and cute, so I decided to pick it up. I just read the first chapter, and it wasn’t particularly difficult (man, having furigana simplifies lookup so much), and I’ll probably read some more tonight, time permitting. The main character is entertaining in his intensity.

In total, read for about an hour and a half, and realized I really missed reading every day. Hopefully, this upcoming week will be a little less busy and I can keep up with reading a bit more.

15 Likes