📚📚 Read every day challenge - Spring 2023 🌸🌷🌼

Summary post

Day 34: May 4th
Missed because my face hurt :sob: Idk what happened but my sinuses were angry at the world and taking it out on me the entire day (but I like…still haven’t developed a cold or anything, and seem to be getting better today? idek)

Day 35: May 5th
What did I read?: 夜の名前を呼んで Vol 4
How much did I read?: 49 pages
How long did it take me?: 1 hr 52 min

Ok so I was correct about the emotions times but NOT AT ALL IN THE WAY I THOUGHT

This was a lot to process ok (massive spoilers and so much shouting)

CARTOS WTF
YOU DID NOT JUST TELL US ALL THAT YOUR BROTHER’S EYEBALL IS IN YOUR SKULL
I THOUGHT HE WAS TALKING ABOUT THE MONOCLE AT FIRST
BUT NO, IT WAS HIS ACTUAL EYEBALL
His parents TOOK HIS DEAD BROTHER’S EYEBALL AND PUT IT IN HIS HEAD, APPARENTLY AGAINST HIS WILL?
WHAT IS HAPPENINGGGG
AND THEN YOU MADE ME CRY? HOW FREAKING DARE YOU SAY SOMETHING SO PAINFULLY SENTIMENTAL AFTER DROPPING THAT WEIRD BOMBSHELL
I DON’T KNOW HOW TO FEEL ABOUT YOU ANYMORE
WHY DO I FEEL THE TRAUMA IN THOSE THREE PANELS, LIKE WTF
THAT IS THE WEIRDEST SITUATION :sob: HIS LITTLE BRO BRO POLLUX, WHO WE MET FOR ALL OF FIVE SECONDS, AND WE FIND OUT HE DIED AND THAT APPARENTLY ALSO CARTOS HAD SOME CHILDHOOD ILLNESS THAT LEFT HIM BLIND IN ONE EYE, LIKE WHERE DID ALL THIS TRAGEDY COME FROM, NO WONDER YOU’RE KINDA EFFED UP YOU WEIRDO :sob:

I still don’t trust Cartos because he’s…still kind of psychopathic, but I am crying about him now, idk how this managed to happen :sob: Wtf is this

On a lighter note, I adore these little flowery donkey beings :joy:

Also the character drawings in the back of this volume are so cute :sob:

Rei and his mentor bean are everything to me, I love them

Also, um, the fact that Rei apparently took his mentor bean’s last name at some point :face_holding_back_tears:

…So when does volume 5 come out :upside_down_face:

20 Likes