📚📚 Read every day challenge - Spring 2022 🌸 🌱

Oh it’s April! Something I’m grateful for the last challenge is that reading has been ingrained as a habit. Now when I read, I don’t think about having to read for this challenge. I just found the time to read and realized afterwards that I can start the April challenge posts from today!

4月1日 ~ Day 1/ Back to Home

ポケットモンスタースペシャル (page 121 of 207 - chapter 22)

We continue from the cliffhanger in the last chapter where Red appears to be eaten by the Utsubotto (Victreebel). We learn that he’s okay and just barely escapes from being turned into acid. More good news: the mecha Poppo (Pidgey) is also okay and helps Red figure a way out by examining his items.

They use the PokeFlute to wake up all the sleeping Utsubotto and Utsudon (which need to stay asleep to complete the evolution ceremony which also requires digesting “living things” for needed nutrition - pretty brutal considering they’ve got some animals and a human on their menu but so is the real world of Pokemon). While they are awake, Red then throws the Pippi (Clefairy) Doll to get away while the Utsubotto has its guard down and loosens its grip on Red.

They run into Nidoking which was also awaken by the PokeFlute, and Red uses his quick thinking to pull the Utsubotto into the battle to weaken it and capture (Utsbutto). Even without it being at full power, Red uses its vines to stop Nidoking’s movement and capture it as well. He seems to be doing alright for himself while the Safari Zone employees frantically search for Red. Pikachu comes across his hat. Thinking the worst, they are at once surrounded by wild Pokemon but are then saved by Red who’s been on a catching spree. Bet it was a first time for them!

It’s funny because you think Red is in real trouble this time, but he’s Red, so of course it ends with him increasing his team. All the Pokemon that were threatening his life are now super friendly smiling like he does.

第22話VSウツボットの単語

ほどける to come loose; to come untied; to come undone; to unravel
繁殖 はんしょく breeding; multiplication; increase; propagation; reproduction
儀式 ぎしき ceremony; rite; ritual; service
栄養分 えいようぶん nutriment; nutritious substance; nourishment
しくじる to fail; to blunder; to mess up; to screw up
片目 かため one eye; one of one’s eyes
奪う うばう to snatch away; to dispossess; to steal
どさくさ confusion; bustle; turmoil; trouble
退治 たいじ extermination (e.g. of pests, demons, bandits); elimination; eradication; destruction; suppression
計算 けいさん calculation; reckoning; count
生息地 せいそくち habitat; home (eg of the tiger)

It’s been a while since I’ve read PokeSpe (since the last challenge actually), so it’s nice revisiting it after a while. I noticed I could get through it much quicker than usual too.

30 Likes