📚📚 Read every day challenge - Spring 2022 🌸 🌱

Summary Post

Day 27: April 27th
What did I read?: ダイロクセンス Vol 1
How much did I read?: 16 pages
How long did it take me?: 28 min

Decided to pick this up, literally because I saw that it had furigana and I didn’t feel like trying that hard for kanji today :joy: I bought this originally because something else I bought had a little flyer for it and I liked the art. Do I remember what the premise of it is? No. Do I remember literally anything about it? No. Could I figure this out by reading the back or a synopsis or something? Probably, but I’m just going to let myself be surprised :joy: So far, it’s pretty fun.

The story so far

The main character, Sumire, is a detective - she broke her colleague’s extremely expensive camera during a police chase, so now she’s on the hook for replacing it. Luckily, wouldn’t you know it, the mall is having a 知恵の輪 contest that day where the prize is the exact camera she’s looking for! So she enters that, and she starts accidentally winning it because she’s just breaking the puzzles apart with her freaking man strength instead of solving them :joy: (For some reason, the competition decides that this is a valid way to win) Her mysterious kid rival (Rui) is not happy about this because he wants the pretty purple camera that matches his eyes. Who will win the extremely expensive camera? :o I’ll find out…tomorrow, because I’m tired xD

Good words
  • 係長 (かかりちょう) - subsection head; assistant manager; chief clerk
  • 引ったくり (ひったくり) - purse snatching; handbag snatching; purse snatcher; handbag snatcher
  • 気軽 (きがる) - carefree; buoyant; lighthearted; sprightly
  • 思い出作り (おもいでづくり) - memory-making; making memories
  • 知恵の輪 (ちえのわ) - puzzle ring; wire puzzle
  • 相応しい (ふさわしい) - appropriate; adequate; suitable; fitting; worthy
  • 遭逢 (そうほう) - meeting by chance; running into; coming upon; encounter

I read this a couple challenges ago and I freaking loved it, would recommend.
I actually have 星だけが知ってる sitting on my shelf as well so glad to hear it’s good :smile:

I literally yawned while reading this sentence, what is this sorcery :rofl:

32 Likes