📚📚 Read every day challenge - Fall/Autumn 2021 🍁🍂🦝

get your own calendar here

7 Likes

I love these readers! I have read grades 1 and 2 of the 名作 and 物語 series, but really want the お話 as well. Now after your comments I want them even more!

7 Likes

Welcome, welcome slimeborge! :grin:

2 Likes

I found the お話 book at my local secondhand bookshop, I didn’t know about the other series before seeing someone’s post about it! Now I want them all :laughing: We could talk about the stories we really liked!

2 Likes

Welcome! Recipe books are so good for reading practice, because it’s a comparatively narrow set of words that you get lots of repetition/reinforcement. Good choice! And then you can cook from them and it’s even better!

6 Likes

:fallen_leaf: :raccoon: .☆:TANUKIDATE: 20210915:☆. :raccoon: :fallen_leaf:

Day XV: 鬼がっ原の一つ目 :eye:

Read the Yokai story for today’s date, no sound recording, but reading went pretty smoothly.

I just needed help with some of the kanji (which are on here, and I should have known them, but brain didn’t want to work).

15 Likes

I like how Stardate turned into Tanukidate :raccoon:

10 Likes

9月15日:

What did I read:

• 大海原と大海原, Pages 19-26

All I can say is that despite not knowing quite a few words, it’s a pleasant feeling to read a text and actually understand what you read. Even if it’s all with furigana which decreases difficulty to easy by default. Story wise, Wadanohara and her familiars returned to their homeland because of some “urgent magical task”, and chapter ends with a witch from withes country sensing they are back home, and saying that that sea is unfamiliar. Actually looking forward to what going to happen next. I didn’t play the game, so I’m out of the context, so I’m interested as to why Wada lost her memories and who’s the mysterious guy she’s trying to remember is.

Words I didn’t know: 急用, 故郷, 舵, 心地, 聴こえる, 風船, 割る, いじめる, いい加減, 着く, 慣れる

16 Likes

Home post

Day 14:

日本語: I read a fair amount of パノラマ島綺譚, some of 鋼の錬金術師, some of 地縛少年 花子くん (finished v1), and a bit of 魔王城でおやすみ.

中国語

中国語: I read 买耳环.

17 Likes

Summary post

September 15
・Started Honzuki 6. (4% → 6%)

@Zakarius I got the ChipTM installed today - maybe kanji automatically floating in my brain will help me read faster like it did for you, hehe.

16 Likes

Tanuki :raccoon: tanuki

You’ll wake up tomorrow fluent in Japanese! I’ve had both power-ups now, but I think the second one reversed everything because my head’s all jumbled with kanji again.

12 Likes

Summary Post

Day 15: September 15th
Satori Reader: Secret, episode 41.

Lazy and quick update today because sleepy :sleeping_bed: .

Two weeks in!

15 Likes

Fall Challenge Calendar!!!

9月
01 02 03 04 05
06 07 08 09 10 11 12
13 14 15 :raccoon: 16 :sloth: 17 :fox_face: 18 :maple_leaf: 19 :raccoon:
20 :fallen_leaf: 21 :fallen_leaf: 22 :fallen_leaf: 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
10月
01 02 03
04 05 06 07 08 09 10
11 :dart: 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
15 Likes

Sleepy update from me too: I meant to read another little bit of 魔女犬ボンボン, but instead somehow ended up reading … 9% of ふらいんぐうぃっち on Bookwalker?

14 Likes

I’m all for this. :blush:

5 Likes

Summary post

Day 15: September 15
What did I read?: 雨と君と
How much did I read?: 16 pages
How long did it take me?: 26 min

Surprise! Tanuki day~
I had a weird work schedule today so not a lot of time to read. But there was so much cuteness D:

Tanuki goes to the beach

Why is it so cute :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Look at the way it holds this shell in its tiny paws

Also we run into some German (I believe) speakers? Who see the tanuki's superior cuteness and behave accordingly

Honestly, same

Somehow this moment of running into the foreigners reminded me of when I visited Japan and it made me cringe hard because I’m the most awkward person alive interacting with strangers in another language hhhhhhhhh I remember all the interactions I had and uhhh pretty much all of them make me hate myself
:upside_down_face: :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face:

Anyway, here are some words

• イメトレ - training method in sports, etc. where one imagines how a scenario would play out; mental rehearsal; mental preparation; visualization (for practicing a skill in one’s mind)(practising); practicing under simulated conditions (e.g. while watching a video)​
  • 食べきれない - more than one can eat

Welcome welcome @ImpactFrames and @slimeborge! :wave: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

19 Likes

Summary Post

Day 15: Read another two pages of よつば&!There were several kanji I had to look up this time, so it took a little longer, but it was fun! :smiley:

15 Likes

home post

In the office today but stopped at a park on the way in and read 4 pages/1 mini-chapter with a coffee. Finished a story arc today and the story did not arc in the way that I expected it to. It was a ghost story and it went a bit more X-Files than Scooby Doo, which surprised me in a book for 8 year olds. Those kind of cultural differences are always interesting when you’re reading in another language, I think.

15 Likes

About 2 pages of 使ってはいけない日本語, this week’s short story for the beginner book club, 眠い町, and a couple pages of 人間失格.

I read about half of chapter 6 of キノの旅. Almost done with this reread. :slight_smile:

Nothing exciting here. :sweat_smile: I really should pick up the pace on 人間失格 if I want to finish it this month though.

16 Likes

Summary

September 14
:maple_leaf: 14
total: 81/100

• カラフル (40 → 44%)

September 15
:maple_leaf: 15
total: 82/100

• カラフル (44 → 48%)
15 Likes