📚📚 Read every day challenge - Fall/Autumn 2021 🍁🍂🦝

Summary post

Day 54: October 28
What did I read?: ハイ☆スピード!
How much did I read?: 4 pages
How long did it take me?: 46 min

I was looking forward to Matsuoka sibling moments and I was absolutely NOT disappointed

The boys introduce themselves to Gou and the literal first thing out of her mouth is basically “oh yeah, I’ve heard about you guys - after the tournaments, my brother would always go on and on about how fast Nanase is” :joy: Rin, we know you’re obsessed with Haru, it’s ok :rofl:

IIII absolutely feel for Rin in this moment though tbh, like why are family members embarrassing as heck sometimes xD Like…why you gotta tell people that stuff about me? Why? Can you just let me pretend to be a normal person in front of these people please xD I don’t feel like I’ve ever had that impulse to do that, to share stuff about others that might not be common knowledge, am I the weird one? (Honestly, probably, but…??? Maybe it’s because my impulse to talk period is generally very low irl, idk)

But thanks to Gou’s big mouth, we also learn that Rin moved to live at his grandma’s house so he could go to Iwatobi and swim with them, basically. Which is very cute. And also she brought him something that he is trying very hard to keep secret, something that he’s going to use/need on the day of the tournament :eyes: I know what it is, I already know, and I’m- I’ll talk about this later but :heart: I love this. I just realized that it connects in the best way Nagisa, of course, has a fun guessing game about it, much to Rin’s annoyance xD

Good words:

• 屈託の無い (くったくのない) - carefree; free from worry
  • ぎこちない - awkward; clumsy; stiff; crude; unrefined; constrained
  • 住民票 (じゅうみんひょう) - certificate of residence (from what I understand, it’s basically the government record of where you live/your official address)
  • 押し返す (おしかえす) - to force back; to jostle
  • 記念撮影 (きねんさつえい) - taking a commemorative photo :pleading_face:
  • 痛切 (つうせつ) - keen; acute; heartfelt
  • かくも - so (e.g. so much, so close, so many, so few)​
12 Likes