📚📚 Read every day challenge - Fall/Autumn 2021 🍁🍂🦝

Summary post

Day 32: October 2
What did I read?: ハイ☆スピード!
How much did I read?: 5 pages
How long did it take me?: 1 hour 31 min

Nagisa getting serious about getting into this relay with them today :o They’re doing timed trials today, and Nagisa’s like, hey, if I get first in this breaststroke timed trial, let me be in the relay with you guys. And Rin’s like…uh, yeah, sure, whatever (thinking there’s no way he’s actually gonna win). But I love how part of him is like, “well…maybe :thinking:” too, haha, like he’s not totally discounting Nagisa anymore. He definitely sees something in Nagisa that he hasn’t seen before, and part of him wants to see if Nagisa really does have what it takes to compete on their team. He’s also low-key hoping that if he gives Nagisa the ok to join the relay, it might get Haru to join too - Nagisa mainly wants to join the relay team because it’ll give him the chance to swim with Haru (he obviously looks up to Haru a lot), so how could Haru ever say no to the relay, in the face of Nagisa’s puppy-dog-like excitement for it? Like, you’re gonna crush that little puppy dog’s dreams? I don’t think so xD Seems like everybody’s noticing that Haru’s got a tiny soft spot for Nagisa now :3 And Nagisa pulls out the win! :muscle: Leaving Rin with his mouth hanging open :joy: So cute (and I love how Makoto cheers for Nagisa, too, that was adorable)

Good words
  • 喘ぐ (あえぐ) - to gasp; to pant; to breathe hard (can also mean to suffer; to struggle)
  • 声にならない (こえにならない) soundless; mute
  • 自信家 (じしんか) - person who has great confidence (faith) in himself
  • 生意気 (なまいき) - impertinent; saucy; cheeky; impudent; audacious; cocky; pert; brash
  • 囁く (ささやく) - to whisper; to murmur (I’m obsessed with this kanji, it’s so many ears :joy: 'cause you need more ears to hear something quiet like a whisper, I guess)
  • 一着 (いっちゃく) - first arrival; first in race
  • 疎んじる (うとんじる) - to shun; to avoid; to ostracize; to neglect; to distance oneself from; to give the hard shoulder
  • 掻き (かき) - stroke (swimming); arm stroke (excuse me but how am I just now getting to this word…)
  • 蹴り (けり) - kick (I like the way this pairs with stroke, like they sound like they go together)
  • 放心状態 (ほうしんじょうたい) - being in abstraction; being dazed; being absentminded; stargazing
14 Likes