📚📚 Read every day challenge - Fall/Autumn 2021 🍁🍂🦝

Summary post

Day 31: October 1
What did I read?: ハイ☆スピード!
How much did I read?: 5 pages
How long did it take me?: 1 hour 23 min

Aki and Rin giving us their take on Haru’s personality today :thinking: I’m honestly not sure I understood it all properly, which is kind of annoying me :sweat_smile: But basically what I took from it was that people rely on him, because he’s good at stuff, but he doesn’t really reach out to people or rely on anyone else. …Sounds a bit too relatable in some ways :sweat_smile: He tries not to get too involved with people, because he doesn’t want to hurt someone or push them away. …I think.

But in other news, I love how this little group is beginning to take shape <3 I think this is the first time they’re actually all running together, and it’s super cute. First Haru and Makoto leave together - for the first time in the novel, Haru doesn’t start off his journey to the swim club alone. Then Nagisa’s there waiting for them when they get close to the bridge, and Rin catches up with them just as they meet up with Nagisa. Nagisa still trying with all his might to keep up with Haru, and Haru taking pity on him for once and slowing down a bit so he doesn’t completely fall behind. The other two cracking up behind them because of Nagisa’s very earnest plan to run in place really fast while he waits for Haru by the bridge next time :joy: You can feel Haru begrudgingly opening up his heart a crack, and ever so slightly letting them in. <3

Here's an adorable illustration of them running together

Realizing people might not know who’s who :o Time to put faces to the names. The expressionless one trying to run away in the front is Haru. The one dying just behind him is Nagisa. The one turning back a little and laughing is Rin Rin’s laughing face is everything, he’s so cute, and the one laughing with him is Makoto

Good words
  • 窄める (すぼめる) - to make narrower; to shut (an umbrella); to shrug (one’s shoulders); to purse (one’s lips)​
  • 時折 (ときおり) - sometimes; at intervals; occasionally; on occasion; from time to time
  • 思うように (おもうように) - as one wishes; the way one wants; to one’s satisfaction (did I already put this one here? idk, but I’m putting it down again, I like it)
  • 靡く (なびく) - to bend; to flutter; to wave
  • 落ちる (おちる) - to come out (e.g. a stain) (a new meaning for an old word)
  • はっきり言う (はっきりいう) - to put it bluntly; to get to the point; to be frank
  • 押しのける (おしのける) - to push aside; to brush aside
  • 調子に乗る (ちょうしにのる) - to get carried away; to get overly elated; to become over-excited; to be caught up in the moment; to get cocky (this is Rin’s word lol)
  • チラリ - fleeting (glimpse, glance, etc.)​
14 Likes