Recettear: An Item Shop’s Tale

Random words
  • 意外 = いがい unexpected, surprising.
  • 献立 = こんだて a menu (food).
  • シチュー = stew.
  • 首飾り = くびかざり necklace, choker.
  • 品切れ = しなぎれ sold out, out of stock.
  • 貼る = はる to stick, to paste.

I didn’t read yesterday. I planned to read before bed but I was really tired and I admit I didn’t want to suffer through it, so I called it a day instead. But I did clean a good chunk of my reviews on BunPro that I’ve been procrastinating on for a couple weeks, and also kept up with SRS, so I’m still happy.

Moral of the story: if I wait until it’s too late, reading feels like a complete chore, something I do before bed to tick a day but not to actually improve. I don’t want it to become just that because what’s the point, so I either read much before that or when it gets to that point I skip a day. For the sake of the challenge I’ll try to keep up with it, of course, but I’ve decided I’m not going to whip myself for skipping some days if I need to. What I mainly want out of this is reading more than I was reading before.

But it goes back to this thought: I’d rather miss some days, than completely burn out and miss many more. But even then, although not being able to 100% it, I still want to see how high I’m able to go.

Or perhaps I’m just starting to make excuses :joy:

16 Likes