Re Zero volume 25 Discussion thread

Oh the Ram part the elder who let both of them live mentioned it, I think it was in a side story. Volcanica, I can’t remember, maybe it was in the WN only or maybe it’s secondhand info. I’m active in the Re zero reddit so maybe I read it somewhere. Petelgeuse didn’t say that specifically, I just mean that there is no precedent for a witch to be able to share her authority with someone else, so it is something that can be inferred.

1 Like

Well thx for the infos

1 Like

No problem, but now that you pointed it out, there’s still the possibility I can say something wrong. Also I noticed you spell things differently like “Miri” and “Sharla”. Isn’t the romaji “Meiri” and “Shaura”? If you don’t mind me asking, is english not your first language? Just have a feeling you maybe know 3 languages.

1 Like

Never thought this is how I would be found out. I can’t seems to get some name correctly. At first, I read Meiri as Meril, then realise it was Miri but now it seems it’s meiri. Never knew about Shaura though.

1 Like

Haha, I think Shaula’s english name is written in the introduction page to her too. But anyway that’s impressive of you, I’m in a weird spot, English is my first, but I also fully understand my parents’ language but speak it very broken, and now working on Japanese obviously since I’m on WK.

Speaking of differences in the novels, I believe in the light novel one of Subaru’s deaths was cut in the beginning of arc 6. In the WN when they were underground, they went left first, and Subaru died to the flame centaur, he got melted. It was a very descriptive death. After that they went right because Subaru told them to, even though they told him they had a bad feeling about the right side, and as you know they killed each other. There was also no doors on the right path that he went through.

2 Likes

Ha ha good luck with that. Learning a language is tough and frustrating but worth it. Fun fact, I don’t remember how I learned English to be honest. I just remember the before and after. Video games and youtube are useful for it.

This is a huge difference. In the novel The go right first and kill each other because they are stuck at the 4 door. Then they to to the fire centaur which no once dies. The dead by melting seems awful indeed.

2 Likes

Me too. I wanted to say it’s a bit unnerving being reminded all the time of how much you can’t stand him, since we already know that -very much-, but this one is completely on @icefang97.

I got used to that whenever there’s a new character you’re mentioning. You come up with the greatest weirdest english names for them :joy:

2 Likes

Oh cmon their not that bad right? right…?

1 Like

At the very least I can understand why you say “Rui”, it makes sense, and there is no official translation, so me saying “Louis” is just because that’s what the WN translators used.

Also once again thanks for the encouragement, I’m on a bit of a break on leveling up, I have 192 lessons, so I wanted to clear them up before I start leveling up again, it does make me feel really bad showing my face on the forums though being a lowly level 12 lol

2 Likes

Isn’t it the Japanese name thought? Louis is a male French name so it feels weird to me.

Yeah I had more at one point ha ha.
What is that "lowly " word I’m seeing? Everyone is learning here! Don’t feel bad about learning.
You think I was born with that level 60? I still suck btw. Don’t be fooled by it. Everyone is learning so there is no lowly here.

2 Likes

They’re fun! :stuck_out_tongue:

And yeah I think Rui/Roy/Rey might have been a better choice. I don’t like Louis/Roy/Lye (look like very different names instead of the intended resemblance in Japanese), but got used to it.

2 Likes

Happy cake day

1 Like

Yes, but I was reading it as Louis before I even learned hiragana so I had no idea it was Rui. It’s just what I’m used to, maybe I’ll switch.

Yeah you’re right, once I get to level 60, I think I will custom order a cake that is WaniKani themed lol.

2 Likes

Oh happy cake day, I wasn’t aware that existed on WaniKani

2 Likes

I think that’s just my WK anniversary (is this new?). Yeah, I was confused too. For a moment I thought I’m remembering my birthday wrong. But thanks either way :relaxed:

1 Like

It not new. You just don’t notice it often when it’s your own.Only 2 days per year after all

1 Like

Wait, but the character introduction sheets do have the names in English as well, though?
I don’t know when the character was introduced, though, so I can’t check.
Here’s one from a previous volume I randomly opened (copied because I pretty sure @icefang97 got the spelling wrong):
スクリーンショット 2021-10-25 13.54.11

Edit: huh, guess I was lucky, it seems none of the adjacent volumes have those pages.

Somehow it didn’t seem to make him become better. Maybe if I screamed louder? :stuck_out_tongue: (just kidding; now we are all freeeee!)

1 Like

Rui didn’t get an introduction, likely because it would be a spoiler

2 Likes

Well Rui has an illustration at the beginning of one volume so it has spoilers

2 Likes

True haha, at the very least it’s better than revealing that she is a 3rd gluttony

2 Likes