Re Zero book club home thread

Meanwhile, you only have a poll going to volume 26 instead of 60, as @mrahhal had predicted.

5 Likes

Ok it was a mistake but itā€™s okay I will change it when it will be needed. Or when I stop getting lazy. T.T

3 Likes

Here for the notification

3 Likes

I wonder, is there a website that gives the summary of each volumes/plot? :thinking:
I do want to know how things will go in terms of plot, but, as usual, I canā€™t really stand ć‚¹ćƒćƒ«ā€¦ So I figured just reading the spoilers would save me a lot of headaches.

2 Likes

This can be useful, I guess (?)

Just out of curiosity, what is it that you donā€™t like about Subaru? It may be because Iā€™ve only read Re:Zero in english so far (arc 7 ch 31 WN, roughly volume 27), but Iā€™ve never seen even a single person who dislikes him in the english community. Not even one. So hearing this from someone thatā€™s been reading Re:Zero in japanese is kinda interesting :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I heard some people dislike him so nothing new for me. Personally, I really like him but some people donā€™t like him because of his mental state of something. Itā€™s only natural he is like that since he goes through a lot. Some people(not pointing anyone) just want him to be OP or something when the story is not one about Subaru single-handedly killing everyone.
I read lots of comments saying, ā€œIf I was Subaru I wouldnā€™t have done thatā€¦ā€ Just arguing he is too weak or stupid.
Again not pointing anyone but lots of people expect the classic hero trope of the strong guys that never break down.
So yeah hope you found that interesting

1 Like

Iā€™m planning to buy some volumes, but I donā€™t want to waste money to buy LN when Iā€™ve already watched the anime :rofl:

Does anyone know which volume corresponds with the end of the anime (so which one I should buy)?

1 Like

The end of volume 9 is the beginning of the arc 4 so the end of S1
volume 16 is where the anime s2 left off. You might miss a small 5 pages scene but you can start after arc 4.
Iā€™m not sure which one youā€™ve seen so I put both

1 Like

Yes, I watched both seasons!

Thanks a lot for the fast answer, Iā€™ll go get it now :running_woman: :dash:

1 Like

Hope you will participate in the discussion forums :smile:

1 Like

怜nervous laugh怜

Ha haā€¦. Yeah, me tooā€¦. Eventuallyā€¦. One day when my grammar goes beyond N4ā€¦.

1 Like

I can only speak for myself, but for me itā€™s more that he keeps making the same mistakes, again and again. Like, he gets confronted with the fact, that what heā€™s doing isnā€™t working, and half a volumes later he is back to it again. He is, at the same time, super self deprecating and also full of himself. Basically from the start he had a sort if hero complex. He is incapable of ā€˜reading the airā€™, so to speak, and keeps putting his foot in his mouth.

Iā€™m all for faulty characters. But Subaru realizes his mistakes, decides to do something about them, and then doesnā€™t.

It does get better, but I can totally understand if someone doesnā€™t want to continue past volume after volume of that if it bothers them.

2 Likes

Happy cake day!

I donā€™t remember him making twice the same mistake. He might try similar looking thing. Maybe when he is desperate he might do stupid things. Something itā€™s just his core values that clash with the world.

2 Likes

Happy birthday! :star_struck:

1 Like

Happy birthday! :gift:

1 Like

Yeah, already heard of that, but only from anime onlies (I should have been clearer). Usually, whoā€™s curious enough to read the novels (given that they watched the anime first) doesnā€™t have that kind of opinion and/or changes his/her mind pretty fast.

Is this, like, the first 9 volumes?. Anyway, to me the self deprecating parts are some of the best moments in Re:Zero. For instance, I enjoyed more volumes 4,5 and 6 better than 7,8 and 9 (rest of the arc). I loved volume 3 and the crying scene with Emilia, volumes 11 and 12 were also amazing in their own way. It really depends on why youā€™re reading.

You either love him or hate him (or you just ignore him, but itā€™s kinda difficult given that heā€™s the protagonist and is almost everywhere. Thatā€™s a blessing for the average Subaru enjoyer though).

Edit: Happy birthday!

3 Likes

I didnā€™t really have a strong opinion when I watched the anime, but when I started reading the novels he just became unbearable. Especially the parts where we spend time in his thoughts. Like the way he talks about Emilia :face_vomiting:. I wrote about it here somewhere but itā€™s just so dumb how infatuated he is (or I guess just young and horny). But I do generally dislike the ā€œoo I saw a pretty girl, Iā€™ll chivalrously throw my life away in a heartbeat for herā€ trope, which seems to be prevalent in Japanese writing. Itā€™s just so out there and doesnā€™t make sense.

Really? Iā€™ve seen several reddit threads discussing the topic since so many people seem to dislike him. Like Reddit - Dive into anything

2 Likes

First 16. :slight_smile: Thereā€™s some ups, but also many downs.

I loved volume 16 though. Also 12&13 I thinkā€¦? I donā€™t remember clearly what was in which volumes. Volume 4, however, was my least favorite so far. I remember clearly the drudgeryā€¦

Thatā€™s a good point. I also dislike that. End of season 2 starts to address some of the problems directly, and the next arc from volume 17 on even more so, so Iā€™m feeling pretty positive about things.

ā€¦ I should pick up the next volume soon.

Also, thanks everyone. :partying_face:

2 Likes

Not wanna spoil but there might be a part in arc 6 that you mght feel Subaru Repeat itself a bit for.

According to some comments, people might not like it.

Glad you feel positive about it.

Please do and leave comments.

Glad to see so many people getting involved i nreading further. For a moment I felt alone.

Well, pretty much what @Belerith said, but thereā€™s also the fact that he lacks curiosity and will never put 2 and 2 together. Sometimes, he will even forget about absolutely crucial pieces of information, leaving the reader (or me, I guess) just screaming inside.

As of volume 13, thatā€™s still a thing.

Thereā€™s also that. And the fact that it expends to other girls as well.

Thatā€™s farā€¦ Iā€™ll see how I feel after Iā€™m done with volume 14, but I donā€™t think I would buy more books at this point.

Iā€™ve never heard anyone say that, though :thinking: At the same time, you kept accusing me of wanting him to be OP because I said he should learn 地ē«œ-back riding. Well, he did, so I guess he is OP already.