Re Zero book club home thread

That’s kind of funny to me too. My comment is from June 2019, when reading 15 pages per week was challenging to me. I’d guess I read around 40 pages just yesterday (ebook, so a bit hard to say for sure). Recently, when I’m invested in a book I’ve been reading 100-150 pages per week.

7 Likes

Hello, here to spam again that finished vol 2 now! I think this is my record reading a book in 12 days :relaxed:. Maybe I have a lot of free time ATM so I’ll chalk it up to that gotten faster at reading or at least improved my ability to read for longer. Next volume is plotwise the last I have watched of the anime, so excited to get to unknown territory. Maybe I’ll catch up one day :rofl:

9 Likes

Ohh, it is 2x increase in speed compared to the first volume, isn’t it? :sparkles:

2 Likes

Yeah, a bit more even. But I did spend more time per day reading, and don’t really have stats about how long the whole process took, so I don’t know absolute hours :sweat_smile:. It did feel more fluid overall, so I suspect it was a bit faster. I tried to track the time through the iPad Books app, but it only tells you if you had met your reading goals for the day, nothing really granular.

2 Likes

This is the last week for Re Zero volume 11. Time for the traditional poll. Though not sure about it because no one is actually following the speed. Makes it hard to decide what to do.

Will you be reading Re Zero Volume 12 with the bookclub
  • Yes
  • No
  • I already read it
  • I will read it later

0 voters

Which speed would be good for the Bookclub.
  • Same speed with break week
  • Same speed no break week
  • Faster but with break week
  • Faster no break week

0 voters

I always wonder every book what to do with this bookclub because half are too fast and half are too slow. Should I just make a thread per book and let everyone read at their prefered speed or should we continued like that?

• Continue like we have done
  • Make a thread per book and let people read at their own speed
  • Other(Please specify)

0 voters

I don’t especially want to stop the book club but since no one really comments on the new threads anymore maybe it will be best to just make a thread per book and let people read at their pace.

Which book are you currently reading
  • Volume 1
  • Volume 2
  • Volume 3
  • Volume 4
  • Volume 5
  • Volume 6
  • Volume 7
  • Volume 8
  • Volume 9
  • Volume 10
  • Volume 11
  • Volume 12
  • Volume 13
  • Volume 14
  • Volume 15
  • Volume 16-20
  • Volume 20+

0 voters

I just want to know exactly where everyone is on the reading process.
I will be waiting for your answer :smile:

8 Likes

I feel like, if there’s no pressure to read at a given pace/get new books, I’d probably drop the series entirely.

The main reason I don’t comment is because, well, I could be reading in that time. By the time I come to the forums, I don’t really have much to talk about anymore or people already talked about it to death. I guess it would be different if I was following the schedule, but I still have a few other books left (about 6; way down from the 30 or so I had when I decided to put volume 10 on the back burner)

2 Likes

I have no particularly strong feelings about what speed we continue at as a bookclub (although increasing the speed would make it more difficult for the people behind to catch up and not help the current situation, I feel), same for the thread number. Right now I’d welcome a thread per book because that’d make it easier for me to rant about stuff (also, sorry, still planning to do that for book 11. It’s just, I’d need to go back and find out what exactly I’m talking about in my notes :sweat_smile: so it looks time consuming and I’ve been putting it off).

I’m kind of in the same spot time wise as Naphthalene, in that I’m prioritizing actual reading time over talking about reading time. I’m on a bit of a schedule until I fully catch up with the anime, so for one more volume probably. I’m planning to read re zero at much more of a relaxed pace and possibly sync back up with the bookclub after that.

So, thinking of that, I agree that it’d be good to keep to a schedule and voted accordingly, even if I don’t think we need a thread for every week. A schedule is quite motivational when you’re in a bit of a slump and makes sure you actually create some reading time.

3 Likes

I have a hybrid thought between “continue as we are” and “thread per book”. I think “thread per book” won’t work much as a volume is far too big to capture current and future discussions (from people in the future who begin reading this), as well as the fact that a schedule is still important as the others have said. How about we turn the weekly threads into chapter threads? We create a chapter thread per week (similar to 獣の奏者), I think that will make it much easier for people who are ahead to share their thoughts, and the speed wouldn’t have changed much?

I’m not sure though, as the chapter count does change between volumes (from 5 to 7-8). I haven’t thought about it much myself, but yeah the weekly brakes in the middle of a chapter doesn’t make it easy to comment without having to skim the week part. What do you think?

5 Likes

That is my problem with it. The chapter are imbalanced. Some chapters are short and some are long. In kemono no souja It made some weeks longer and some weeks really short. It would be easier to comment on it, be then no one is at the same place so I don’t think it would make a different comment-wise.

I look at the poll and d find it funny that no one is at the same volume. This is one reason I thought about one thread per book. We still keep a schedule. It could be like 6 weeks to read it all or keep it as we are doing. It’s just that I wonder if it’s still useful to have a thread per week if no one comments. It’s not that I want to stop the book club but that I want to change it so that it matches more our current situation.
Just to be sure I’m not blaming anyone I am in advance too. I know how hard it is to comment when you don’t remember what happens. I’m just trying to change it in a way that will fit more people. If not one comment I feel like I could just post the schedule on the main thread and let everyone read on their own then comments into one thread, I think the 本好き book club will be doing one thread per book after volume 3. Is where I got the idea.
Does it make sense?

5 Likes

:rofl:

Having one thread per volume, while keeping a pace, sounds good, but I don’t know how it works in practice. Then each week there would be a a ‘cutoff post’ like ‘Week 2 discussion starts here’. But I’m such a long way behind; just throwing that as an idea.

7 Likes

I just realise but some people’s vote is worth 13 and others are worth 12.

I never thought everyone was on different volume.

3 Likes

I see what you mean.

Yeah I’m starting to warm up to the idea of just the volume’s thread each ~6 weeks. Especially that really, no one is reading in the current week.

If we do go the thread per volume thing, we won’t be doing “weekly discussions” in any case I’m guessing. That will be the point of not having a weekly thread, since pretty much no one is on a certain week.

That screenshot says it all :joy:

6 Likes

So, I finished arc 5 (what will be S3), and I was first planning on taking a break before arc 6 since Nagatsuki-sensei hadn’t started with arc 7 yet. But a few days ago he suddenly started writing, and he didn’t stop ever since. This guy is pushing almost a chapter each day. He writes faster than I can read Arabic. First volume of arc 7 is next month too. It doesn’t help that, from what I’ve been seeing, there’s been some great hype about arc 6 :eyes:
My dream of being completely up to date continues to be ever so distant :cry: At least for a few more months.

9 Likes

Where are you getting this info from btw? Do you mean the web novel, or did he say anything about a new book?

4 Likes

Oh, when I said chapters yeah I meant web novel (his twitter). But ever since arc 4, the transformation of the draft to the LN takes a very short time. 1st LN volume of new arc was announced almost right after he started writing it in the WN (I get a notification from cdjapan for these).

5 Likes

That’s nice. So we’re pretty close to getting a new book. Gotta stop slacking :pensive:

5 Likes

A three way perfect equality for the speed. Since I’m kinda late anyway let’s just say this is the break week and that I will poll again the speed.

Since there is a break week. What speed do you want
  • Faster
  • the same

0 voters

The speed for the next book will be the same as the last.

@mrahhal can you please do it again?

3 Likes

Will get to it soon :fist:t2:

4 Likes

リゼロ 12:
1: End of chapter 2 part 2, page 59 (47 pages)
2: End of chapter 2, page 115 (56 pages)
3: End of chapter 3, page 176 (56 pages)
4: End of chapter 4 part 6, page 226 (48 pages)
5: End of chapter 5 part 20, page 277 (50 pages)
6: End of chapter 5, page 323 (43 pages)
Average: 50 pages

7 Likes