Re Zero book club home thread

We have around 23 volume to read so you have time to catch up.

Thanks.

That’s good it was just to see if posting it here would be a problem for people not up to date.

That is a nice self control. Something I have trouble to do that. One time I just unblur by habit then got caught.

6 Likes

ペテルギウスうううううう

Always welcome!

Good for you. Keep on it. I wish I can do that too

Once, after season 1 of the anime, I made the mistake of reading a chapter in the middle of arc 6 (which is like volume 20). What in the world was I thinking :man_facepalming:

6 Likes

Yeah, I think I’m going to avoid the anime until I’ve read the books first.

I’m actually surprised that I’ve resisted spoilers for SAO season 3 for this long - almost 2 years :open_mouth: This is promising in regards to Re Zero as well :smile:

I think it’s more fun this way too :smile:

7 Likes

I do that for the book clubs all the time when there’s a new weekly thread and i haven’t read that week’s pages yet. I really mean to just put the thread to watching, and つい…

:scream::sweat_drops:

… Still to read, not counting side stories? Oh my, this is gonna take all the years. He’s been publishing like crazy too, hasn’t he.

Yeah! There’s something to be said for getting to experience the ride as it was written. :smiley: And then watching the anime and finding out what all was cut, haha. I’m really glad I decided to do it this way, too.

6 Likes

The web novel hasn’t been updated in like a year, probably because he’s releasing at least an LN volume each 2-3 months. Yes that is crazy. I think it’ll slow down a bit from now since he’s almost caught up with the WN.

6 Likes

I’m just not watching anime in general :sweat_smile: I tried a few stuff that I saw recommended on the forum and I was generally bored to death (with a few exceptions). In my whole life, I have watched more than one episode of 13 series, and only completed 8. (And counting; it’s fairly easy to keep track :stuck_out_tongue:)

6 Likes

I’m thinking of trying to catch up to this book club, I have all the volumes up to 10 and I have a lot of free time at the moment. Would it be a good idea to post my impressions on each weeks thread as I go, or would necroing all those old threads be considered bad etiquette? I think I’ll try to do a weeks worth of reading each day or maybe every two days, hopefully that’s not too ambitious haha :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Don’t see anything wrong with it from my perspective :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Welcome! And definitely do, contributing to old threads always welcome.

7 Likes

Anyone else still watching the anime? Season 2 has been mind-blowing so far, but I’m afraid it’ll blow my mind so hard I won’t be able to survive it at one point.

S2 E10 spoiler

And what is up with Beatrice at the end of the episode? It’s like she knew why Subaru came to see her, but she shouldn’t have been able to know that without knowing about the loops and Subaru’s ability, right? It’s torture to wait a whole week, feels like I’m about to explode any second.

Hearing Emilia’s voice saying 愛してる over and over was pretty awesome though. I can’t wait to know exactly how Satella and her stories intersect. It’s obvious at this point that the physical appearence isn’t just a coincidence.

3 Likes

OH YES. I’ve been trying my best not to let my emotions leak into here :joy:
Arc 4 is something else.

Spoilers

Beatrice and Roswaal in particular have been built up in just the best way so far. With the revelations that they are following the real version of a Gospel, and that Roswaal knows about Subaru.

That 地獄なら知ってる in this eps was quite cathartic to finally hear. But, can’t but be worried about Subaru’s state of mind. He’s been easily letting go of his lives more and more.

I’m actually quite literally trembling waiting for the next episode.

Take precautions before the next episode, I’m worried. That’s all I’ll say. (And don’t watch the preview or even check the title if you do that, it’ll be worth it!)

1 Like

Maybe we should make an anime discussion thread, so we don’t bother the fine people who are LN-only.

Summary

Thanks for the warning. I’ll try my best not to get spoiled かしら

1 Like

I wanted to do it but then I wondered if that won’t just make the thread repetitive when we will be there with the book. The discussion will probably revolve around the same things so I didn’t do it. I was scred to kill the book club future thread’s discussion

2 Likes

I don’t think that’s an issue, since except for you, other people watching are not technically reading along.

2 Likes

What about volume 9?
In particular, if we do not have a week break, I need to do an emergency stop to Book Off.

4 Likes

We still have one week left so normally I do it at the same time as the last week. I can do it today if you want

1 Like

I just wanted to inform you that currently for those on bookwalker there is a 30% coin return for book including the Re Zeron ones. If you ever need to buy Re Zero book cough Volume 9 cought You know what they say there is never too much Re Zero book

2 Likes

んー but I have everything physical so far. It sounds annoying to switch midway. (Also, still more expensive than Book Off)

2 Likes

Last week for book 8.

First of all a huge congratulation for making it that far and thank you for your participation. I know I say it often but this book club is nothing without you all.

Here are the usual POLLLLLLLLLL

Will you read volume 9 with the book club?

• Yes
  • no
  • Yes, but later
  • already read it(my name is mrhhal :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

0 voters

What speed would be good for the next volume? I incuded the break week in since for some people it had an impact on the speed

• The same with a break week
  • The same with no break week
  • Faster with a break weak
  • Faster with with no break week

0 voters

I hope to see you all for the next book/volume of Re Zero.

3 Likes

I wonder what a break weak is. That sounds mean. :stuck_out_tongue:
Anyway, does faster mean just a bit more pages per day, or getting through the book one week faster?

4 Likes