Re Zero book club home thread

Arc 3 had to be condensed mercilessly for season 1 to reach a kinda good place to stop at since no one expected it to become this popular (they even did something I’ll note once we reach it). The novel had only a very small number of passionate followers before the anime started. Unfortunately, yeah, that lead to the butchering of arc 3 (in that, some things appear to come out of nowhere, exactly like the negotiation that you mentioned), but those who don’t know that won’t notice anything very weird, it was still adapted in a good way (heck they almost never showed the OP/ED just to fit more content). I already knew it but I was very surprised at just how much was cut when I read it.

Might be interesting to know that arc 4 is receiving an extremely good treatment. Just to compare:
Arc 3: 6 volumes adapted in 13 episodes (2nd cour of season 1).
Arc 4: 6 volumes being adapted in 25 episodes, and the 4 episodes that came out so far had an average runtime of 27 minutes (~5 minutes more than the standard), and we only saw the OP once and the ED once :slight_smile: (we actually haven’t even seen the OP without the rolling vertical credits yet)

7 Likes

That’s definitely good to know! We might make it to where we’re ahead of the anime with the book club in time for season 3 even! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It’s really a shame this arc had to be cut so much… It’s really my favorite so far. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Season 2 is split cour so actually yeah there’s very good chance we can get there in time for season 3 :stuck_out_tongue:

It is the real start of the story after all :relieved:
And yeah, especially that all post arc 3 references have been completely cut. For people watching season 2 right now: Garfiel mentioned ~3 times from volume 2, Echidona once by Puck in volume 6, and foreshadowing for Regulus as well, Subaru mentions his parents several times, and even more that I can’t talk about yet.

4 Likes

By the way, what are we going to do for the schedule of volume 8? :thinking:

3 Likes

I planned to put the info for it after I put the last week so monday. We will probably continue at this speed and with book 8 so… Unles someone want to add something. I will ask about break week and speed anyway but I don’t think they will change.

1 Like

We could shave off yet another week by increasing to 56 per week on average, but I don’t think it’s that big of a deal (as in it’s not worth it)

2 Likes

I’m going to join another advance book club so petsonally I don’t know about another speed increase. We already have a third of our reader behind. We do also have a third of our reader in advance though. I’m gonna poll it later but since we recently increased I don’t know about increasing it again. A lot of people here also have a lot of other book club. I don’t want to burn people up we still have lots of book ahead

2 Likes

I mean, that’s just me and @Ditto20, and we both have special circumstances. :sweat_smile: I plan to not be late anymore today or tomorrow.

At the same time, I’d like to get to those as soon as possible… :stuck_out_tongue: but yes, I do have a bunch of other clubs, including the advanced one which is about to start.

4 Likes

As you all know we are on the last week of book 7 so… POLLING TIME !

Will you read Re Zero Volume 8 with the book club?

• Yes
  • No
  • Yes but later

0 voters

What should be the reading speed of Re Zero volume 8

• Like the last book
  • Faster

0 voters

Should we have a 1 week break between books?

• yes
  • no

0 voters

2 Likes

Really unsure how to vote -

I’d vote either

• same speed as this time, but no break, or
  • faster speed, but with a break

I actually voted speed before I saw the break vote, or I might not have voted at all. :sweat_smile: I’ll let it stand as is (option a), but if you could take this into account that’d be great. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Same :point_up:

I intend to start reading Re:zero (got the first 3 volumes), but even if I can’t catch up, I can lurk :eyes: :caught_durtling:

8 Likes

Hey sorry, guys I’m busy these days so it’s hard to remember doing everything but here I am.

For the next book, if the tendency stay the same, the speed will stay the same.

My problem is here

If the speed is the same can I count your vote as no break week @Naphthalene since you seem you claim the same speed no break?

Other than that I will update everything once we are sure of the start date but since it seems to be the same speed as last time can I ask you the make the schedule again please @mrahhal?

I should do the official post this weekend. Just make sure you have your book ready for monday in case there is no break week.

Again I’m glad to be able to read it with you all. We seem to have stabilized the number of readers in the book club. I never thought we could read that much and still have as many interested people as there currently is. Thanks for sticking with me for this great adventure. This book club would be nothing without you guys.

Always glad to have new members. feel free to comment in threads if you need help or just want to chat.

6 Likes

I changed my vote to no. I’m not gonna catch up in one week time so my vote shouldn’t matter on this.

2 Likes

I do appreciate the change of mind even thought I find it sad that you believe your vote should not matter. Btw I wondered where are you in the reading? You are not gonna finish in one week but are you close?

I’m still at volume 2 unfortunately :cry:. I’m so far behind, my vote for current volume shouldn’t matter

9 Likes

頑張ってください~ (´;ω;`)ウッ…

5 Likes

Yes, that’s what I said :wink:

2 Likes

@mrahhal are you perhaps using the same icon for other accounts? I saw someone with the same picture on a youtube account. His name seems to fit with you so I was wondering if it was you who translated some Re Zero Otto diary?

2 Likes

Ah yes that’s me. I created this icon, so if you see anyone using it who’s not me let me know, I’ll sue :stuck_out_tongue:

And sorry I’m late for the schedule, it’s been a chaotic week, I’ll work on it very soon.

6 Likes