Re Zero book club home thread

Just like Subaru!

7 Likes

For anyone interested in starting this series, the first three books are on sale for ¥255 in the Kindle store (the first book is actually ¥253). I’m probably going to pick them up, but I don’t know when I’ll have time to start. I’ll trail behind at some point. :smile:

8 Likes

Spoilers, jeez.

5 Likes

For all of one chapter! :joy:

Welcome to the fold~ :slight_smile: we’ll wait for you, except we’ll also keep reading. :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

I’ll take another jab at this:

Welcome. There are people who’ve read ahead, people who’ve read behind, people who are reading at the same pace, people who are reading at a faster pace. This is one messed up club, as it should be.

8 Likes

Oh no :cold_sweat: I hope I didn’t ruin the series for anyone :sweat: :pleading_face:

9 Likes

That’s also the case on Booklive (and probably Bookwalker, since they always have exactly the same sales). All the other volumes are also 30% off, which is nice… still more expensive than Book off, though, and I like physical books better.

5 Likes

First 10 volumes have a small sale on them on bookwalker for anyone interested.

5 Likes

The thing is that I started to read them on ebook japan. I don’t want to have book scattered on 5-6 apps so if I got there I will probably buy them all until were we are to have them all in the same place. It stupid I know but I’m that kind of person

2 Likes

No I’m exactly similar. I tried several services but I felt BW was the best so I stuck with it from the start too. (Well for ReZero I’m all physical, but most of my other purchases are BW)

3 Likes

Interestingly, I’m using book live instead, which seems to be a clone? But they have daily coupons giving you around ~15% discount everyday, so they end up being cheaper.

1 Like

Funnily enough, I just checked and they both have the exact same sale on the exact set of volumes that ends on the exact day. They’re like, a real clone clone of each other.

EDIT: Oh no, I’m sorry, volume 10 is different.

3 Likes

Book live also give you a 15% discount every day on a random category of books. I got light novel today, so it’s even cheaper for me :wink:
I don’t know if book walker does that.

2 Likes

I don’t know about book live but book walker have coin rewards system. there is a lot of coin boost(lot of coin gain per book) on certain book and certain coupon gave nice sale.

2 Likes

Oh, it sounds exactly the same then.

2 Likes

just wanna be sure how good is boowalker for Japanese practice. There is marker and sticky note but is there a way to copy paste or to have a dictionary?

At least on iOS I can use the built in dictionary, so I can get both Monolingual and Jp-Eng. Highlighting is limited to 50 I think, which is a bummer. Copy-paste is no problem, as well.

1 Like

On web you can use it with rikaikun or something like that after you select text. There’s no easy copy button, I used to inspect element and copy from there. On android it’s even worse, you select some text, and instead of giving you a copy button you can only translate it which opens google translate (from which you can copy the text).
Overall it does very little to help honestly. Lots of potential and they just don’t improve on it.

2 Likes

The book live app has an integrated dictionary, can call other installed dictionaries or look things up directly online. You also have markers and memo (but I never used that functionality). Finally, you can look for other instances of what you selected in the text, and that feature actually gives you to option to just copy. Here I just selected a whole page:

Still, rather than copy I would just use directly the google search feature :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

I wanted to maybe switch from ebook japan to bookwalker since it seem more convenient and I had alread book on bookwalker but book live seem even better. T.T I kinda don’t want to have book everywhere on every platform especialy when some reward you for buying at their place. I’m not sure what to do anymore and the bookwalker sale end tonight T.T

あああああ…どうしよう :cold_sweat:

2 Likes