Radical to same Kanji navigation missing (Found in Kanji)

When a radical is exactly the same as a kanji that kanji is not present in the Found in Kanji list. It think it would be convenient if you could navigate to the kanji as well

e.g. I wanted to see the mnemonic of https://www.wanikani.com/radicals/public the radical mnemonic says “This radical is the same as the kanji. It means public.” You have to use the search function again to find the kanji. I also don’t see why you couldn’t just share the same mnemonic text between the kanji and the radicals, instead of the current “… the same as the kanji” text.

4 Likes

That sounds like a bug actually. Even it’s a 1:1, the radical is still a component of its own kanji.

@Mods could you take a look? :pray:

Right, it would be a no-brainer to make it simpler. That’s something for the content team to improve.

2 Likes

@Mods do you have something to say about this?

1 Like

Hey @WeebPotato and @prouleau! The 公 kanji should appear in the ‘Found in Kanji’ section. I will bring this up to the content team so they can add it in!

-Nick at WK

3 Likes

I asked Jenny about this issue and here is what she said:

‘The reason that the kanji doesn’t appear is because we teach the kanji before the radical. Unfortunately, at the moment we don’t have a way to link radicals to kanji that are taught before them.’

Let me know if you have any more questions!

-Nick at WK