Race to Your Goal! December 2020 JLPT

見つけた…
ウフフフ :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Let’s pretend that we are, nice to meet you (again)!

2 Likes

Hi! The first 5 levels have been interesting and fun, and the mnemonics really help! It’s my first time using Wanikani. I tried to learn kanji once a few years ago by reading P. G. O’Neill’s book “Essential Kanji”, but I wasn’t all that effective and quit after a few pages. Always wanted to learn Japanese, but never seemed to find the right time or resources, but this time I’m in it for the long haul!

2 Likes

Hello! Could I be added to the race? I am currently at level 15 and my last level up was, embarrassingly, in 35 days and 23 hours. My goal is to reach level 60.

3 Likes

Hi! Added you to the table :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yaattaaa, I leveled up (8) yesterday :partying_face: ! I edited the leaderboard too (I have just earned the badge for first edition uhuhuh).

I forgot to connect at 6pm yesterday so I have one more day to the speed but I am faster than the previous level.

But… I didn’t finished all my vocabs lessons… and know… scream :scream: image

Really thank you to @Alkivia and @carlostdev for the formating tips :wink:
I didn’t know that was a discourse something format. I first thought that was a weird mix between markdown and prehtml tag.

I don’t even know that you could use them more than one time

And good job @FennelFox for level up :slight_smile: You will be able to finish this mountain of vocab review soon !

Welcome to the new challengers ! 頑張がんばってください :fire: Do your best ! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

No need to be embarrassed! My last level was (edit) 39 days, but I have had a 60 day level since I started the race, as well. Some levels you just need a bit more time.

5 Likes

I’d like to join as well, however, I as of yet cannot enter myself. If someone would be so kind as to place me in the roster?

Then I’ll do my best to catch up to those of you at the top!

My current level is 7, I was on level 6 for 8 days and 2 hours.

2 Likes

Welcome dude! I just set you up on the list; I set your goal as level 60 just as a default, so just let someone know if you’ve leveled up or want anything changed etc.

4 Likes

Thought I’d finally beat my 59 days of slowness today, finally get a level up. Just did all of my reviews aaand…

-.-

9 Likes

Thank you!!

2 Likes

Oh boy more of these.
Lets see if i can manage a burn in time for this, it will be tough but not impossible

1 Like

;O; that’s rough, but at least you get more time to work on the vocab and lessons you unlocked!

2 Likes

I was well on my way to getting to level 14 today, but I answered some kanji wrong and well… tuesday then.
At least I can start digging my way through vocabulary.

5 Likes

With an incredible 532 days of absence in only 17 levels, it seemed impossible that I would remember everything, so I set about catching up on everything I’d learned and forgotten since I started WaniKani on level 1.

Five days later I return triumphant Mostly. Sort of. At least in as much as I’m back where I would have been. :sweat_smile:

I didn’t want to reset back to level 1, that would be too crazy.

Thankfully, since I was last here @rfindley made an amazing [Userscript] Self-Study Quiz. I was able to use this to re-review all my kanji and vocab starting from level 1, grouped by Burned, Enlightened, Master, Guru, and Apprentice (in that order), which was about 6000 reviews once I re-reviewed everything I got wrong. I then did the the whole thing again from the start (another 4000 reviews in one go).

And today I finished up my actual review queue of ~500 :partying_face: Yeah! Back in the game!

I still get my 場 and 所 readings wrong, and all my 時 期 間 時間’s mixed up.

So yeah. 10,000 reviews and now I’m back to square one. I’d ask why we put ourselves through this, but we all know the answer to that…

I can’t thank @rfindley enough for making [Userscript] Self-Study Quiz. Without it, I would have had to reset.

6 Likes

Same… but I wasn’t absent for 532 days :joy:
And congratulations! You have strong willpower!

3 Likes

HI HI ٩(๑❛ᴗ❛๑)۶

I saw this thread and thought Wow!! something to keep me motivated as I strive to go through wanikani

Hopefully I’m not too late in joining (still trying to get use to the format of this forum setup) and look forward to working with everyone as we go for our goals.

~ I am unable to edit roster but Current LvL is 4 Goal is >_> 60 (if its possible) no clue on speed~

5 Likes

Welcome to the race!

I was in the middle of editing my own level so I’ve added you too!
Once you’ve used wkstats to figure out your time taken to level, let someone know and we can put that on the list.

(Disclaimer: do not be influenced by my 60 days, 1 hour time taken to level. I am a bad person and / or started a new job during that time)

Go discipline! \o/

2 Likes

ありがとう!With 463 days left until the deadline I’ll need to average approximately 8.5 days per level.
Well, I guess it’s good to be ambitious xD

1 Like

Another level down but this time I can edit it myself! This must be what being a grownup feels like.

6 Likes