Race to Your Goal! December 2020 JLPT

Thank you!! I really appreciate it :smiley:

1 Like

Lmao!! I was kinda surprised at first! And I’m glad I could help with the smugness! I’m enjoying joining in with everyone and feeling motivated with everyone :smile:

4 Likes

Hello everyone!

Its been a very long time. This should probably be in a post of its own, but happily I have been accepted into the JET Program as a CIR (Coordinator for International Relations) and will be living/working in the Kyushu/Nagasaki Prefecture area starting late-July/early-August (^_^) My own path to learning Japanese continued with passive learning via manga and other resources, but unfortunately I pretty much completely stopped using Wanikani for around 3-4 years during college. I continued taking Japanese classes but I definitely lost a lot of the oomph that drove my Japanese to crazy good levels in a short period of time. But because of my acceptance into JET and just wanting to get better at Japanese in general, I want to enter this race.

I am currently level 43, and based on the data from wkstats my speed or “Level-up In” time is 30 days, 19 hours. I hope to drastically improve that in the next week or two.

Also, @FennelFox if you could add me to the leaderboard I will be grateful - I don’t think I can edit it.

Good luck to all participants - 一生懸命頑張りましょう! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Hi everyone! I’ve been learning Japanese for almost 3 years now, but kanji have always been my weak point, it was difficult for me to learn them the hard way, so after my friend told me about WaniKani, I decided to give it a try and I’m so glad I did! Learning them using the SRS method is much more effective :smile:

I want to stay as motivated as I am now, so I want to join you all in the race ^^ @FennelFox, could you add me to the leaderboard? I’m currently on level 3, and according to wkstats it took me 5 days and 12 hours to level up.

Good luck to all participants!

Also, could anyone tell me how to add a short description about myself to the profile page? I can’t seem to find any button to do it :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Hello hello, welcome!

Rather than through the forums, you can update your profile via the options on the WK dashboard. It’ll then take a bit to synch up.

Nice to meet you and hope to see you around!

2 Likes

Thanks so much for helping me, I didn’t think of that!

2 Likes

@tetraflu0ride Levelled up xD How are you doing?

3 Likes

Ah it’s so wonderful to log in and see everyone working hard and accomplishing amazing things! Congrats everyone!

I’ve taken it a little slow this level so far to recover from a heavy workload and sickness. Mini-goal is to get to level 6 within 15 days. I’ll do my best! :muscle::mask:

8 Likes

I’m late this week.
First a day later due to lessons back log, then another day later due to some other things.
And today I was at a birthday all day. Only just did my reviews and unlocked the second batch of kanji.
Which means I won’t ever be able to guru those on Monday, but that’s okay.

Even though I can make it with 10 days per level, I’d really like it if some were faster, so I have some leeway when I can’t make it due to reason X.
This time, I need reason X.
Still possible to do it within the 10 days. I’m not worried.

Also, my review went pretty well

4 Likes

Welcome @Nekodeko33 and @indestructible! Thanks for joining us! I’ve got you added to the leaderboard. Indestructible, we can just wait until you hit level 44 and then record that as your time.

3 Likes

What I love about you and your posts is that you are quite intimate in what you say. I truly feel like you are talking to me face-to-face. It is very endearing :slight_smile: Good luck on your progress and your reviews, keep smashing them at your pace :wink:

5 Likes

Level up!! So much new lvl 4 vocab though… How does everyone deal with the mass of new vocab+radical lessons in between levels?

2 Likes

I use the reorder script so that I can do the new radicals and some kanji first when I level up, then I split the vocab in batches over the next 3-4 days, it’s easier this way to have a manageable workload instead of having to do all the vocab before getting to the new stuff.

3 Likes

Can somebody tell me where I can see the time it took me to get my last level up? It should be somewhere in my profile right? Or do you guys just keep track of it manually?

2 Likes

We mostly use this website https://wkstats.com:10001/progress/dashboard
it’s under the Progress>Level-up tab

3 Likes

Ah thanks, that’s what I’ve been looking for. So if I can keep up my current speed (which is not all likely), I would end up level 60 in about 58 weeks. That’s motivating at least lol

1 Like

Currently 8 days and 22 hours on Level 18 - two days in vacation mode - we’ll see if i still can beat the 10 day mark.

2 Likes

I don’t use any reorder script. Instead i try to do the new lesson in batches of 10-15 during the day. Binging all lesson at ones has never worked for me.

2 Likes

I’ve reached level 7 :smiley: @FennelFox

6 Likes

I feel level 9 is the first level where I hit kanji that I actually have to put more of an effort into in terms of remembering. I really rely on the mnemonics now.
Which results in me having to change how I do my lessons. More time spent on those, means less mistakes. I still have to get that into my system though. So at the moment, level 9 is slow for me.
But I’m still going. I have just cleared the last vocabulary lessons, so now I focus on reviews until the Kanji go to guru and I can do more vocabulary lessons. I spread them out because of the stupid mistakes. Which I guess has its benefits too. :laughing:

6 Likes