Race to Your Goal! December 2020 JLPT

直した。

2 Likes

ありがとうございました。

2 Likes

I was pretty frustrated Monday night about my inability to distinguish transitive and intransitive verbs, and also my realization that I can’t recall what I’m learning if I’m not on the platform, so I decided to take Tuesday off to recharge. However, by the end of the night, I couldn’t sleep and saw I had like, 75 reviews and 26 lessons, so I logged on and took care of business. Streak is still intact, despite my best attempts to take a day off, lol.

4 Likes

Had my first level-up 2 days ago since my reset to level 13! It has been around 3 months since I last levelled up…
I will try to keep levelling up in 10-12 days with just 2 times lessons/reviews a day, once in the morning and once in the evening. I hope it’ll work out that way! (I did 3 times a day before my reset and it was just too stressful for me, my priority is now to quietly eat my lunch during lunchbreak and yeah take a break from work instead of studying with wanikani.)

2 Likes

That confused me a lot too, and what really helped me was this:

She doesn’t use the terms transitive and intransitive and it’s not really needed to use those words. The way she speaks can be a bit annoying, but she is like on point with the explanation. I am currently following the whole lesson series from the start, and it’s so much easier to understand if you also know WHY something works a certain way, rather than “this is how it works, learn this”.
So I highly recommend this to anyone struggling with grammar points.

She also has a good video on the difference between は and が

8 Likes

Hi @FennelFox! I’m on level 4 now. Still no speed, yet :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Ah, ok! Makes sense.

1 Like

Congrats on leveling! Great work!
You do not have to report your speed, but if you want to, you can get it. There are links up in the first post.

I just saw that you are an actual olympian! That’s amazing!!! What event(s?) do you do? Good luck in training for Tokyo!

2 Likes

@FennelFox Just broke into level 4. Average speed is starting to normalize 4d22h/lvl

I was not expecting changes to the radicals and thought I went crazy ! I whipped through them but hit canopy/towel/fingers and thought “wow, is my memory this bad??! could have sworn this was mullet/twoface/nailbat”. Then I had to go look up what was affected and am so happy I can put book instead of real.

3 Likes

LoL thanks! I actually found this thread because I looked at the Olympian thread first (I was attracted by the word), but I’ve always wanted to take the JLPT and be able to speak some Japanese before the next Olympics, so figured this one would be more suited for me.

I run the 100m, 200m, and 4x100m relay for Ghana! I’m super excited for Tokyo 2020 and looking to qualify and put my skills to the test :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

Can somebody add me? I’m not a trusted member yet. My goal is to come as close to sixty as possible.

3 Likes

Done! Welcome to the race!

3 Likes

We’ll all be rooting for you next Summer :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I have leveled up to 3! The final free level. I’ve Guru’d 53 out of 55 kanji, and 54 out of 121 vocab. I know this is not much of an accomplishment to folks who are much further ahead, but I don’t care, I feel really proud of myself lmao.

12 Likes

Great! I’ve got you updated. The speed I’m asking for isn’t average speed, but how long you spent on your last level since that will vary more and be more motivating in later levels.

Hahaha, the radical change must have been super confusing! The mnemonics for “nailbat” must have been awfully grisly :scream:

2 Likes

Haha, I bet you were like, “These aren’t Olympians! I was tricked!” I feel rather smug that an actual Olympian came to this thread instead :hugs:

Best of luck in qualifying! Keep us updated!

And good luck in the JLPTs as well!

1 Like

You should feel really proud of yourself! And folks who are further ahead should celebrate with you! We’re all in this together, and people ahead had to go through the same material at one point. Congrats on leveling, and great work!

3 Likes

OH! My apologies, 7d11h for level 3.

The mnemonics make so much more sense. I cannot tell you how many times i would instinctively write “writing” instead of “doll” or “easy” instead of “gravity”. :unamused:

4 Likes

@FennelFox Oh I also used my average speed! I mentioned before that I was on lvl3 for 10 days… I’ll update myself :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Oh, my, I’ve done these wrong myself then. I guess I’ll have to be updating my stats!

2 Likes