Race to Your Goal! December 2020 JLPT

Managed to do one level on November, but still better than nothing I guess :sweat_smile:

I currently do have 150 - 200 apprentice and 800 - 900 guru items and they won’t go away.
Before that, I could comfortably do 10 - 15 lessons a day without things piling up, but currently I’m not doing more that 5 and sometimes even 0. I feel like I’ve been hitting a wall, I’ve got about 100 leeches in Apprentrice and 400 in Guru, and they keep bumping back and forth.

4 Likes

Sad times, all good things must come to an end :cry:

3 Likes

I’m a wanikani snail, that’s why I’ve created this thread as a follow-up for all wanikani snails:

4 Likes

Just hit

:snail: 56 :snail:

I missed my JLPT test that I was supposed to take in Tokio today, with the closed borders and whatnot. Which also means, that this thread has officially finished. :cry: Time for a post-mortem!

When I originally joined on level 3, my plan was to definitely hit level 60 by this time. I mean no problem, right? Some people do it in a year, so nearly two years should be easily doable. Let’s see how it all turned out:

Honestly I’m pretty happy. I could have done it, if not for my abysmal September, but my girlfriend got to visit with the borders finally opening the tiniest bit, so I think it was time well spent. And honestly, part of me never believed that I could stick with something like Wanikani for such a long time. I’m anything but consistent. I have no idea how I did it and I’m fairly certain, that @Kumirei has a huge part in it, with her dashboard script showing me my current daily review streak. If not for the streak, I would have certainly fallen off the wagon.

Well, it was nice meeting up with everyone in this thread! See you all on level 60!

7 Likes

I’m also here for my final level up post in this thread! My original goal was to have everything burned by this point, I could have made it, if I hadn’t reset in January :slightly_smiling_face:. But at that time I wasn’t having fun with WK anymore, a lot of things were happening in my life outside of Japanese, and ultimately I think it was the right decision for me to take a step (or 51) back.

The new goal of forty I only missed by about a week (level 39 now :partying_face:)

Thanks everybody in this thread for the encouraging words, and sharing your own successes and struggles along the way! I hope you are all happy with what you’ve achieved, even if it wasn’t the original goal!

7 Likes

This thread definitely helped push me to 60 - my original goal had been 50, but my travel plans for the year got kind of derailed, so I had a bit more free time!

6 Likes

Probably the last level up in this thread I’ll get. 46 now. I looked it up in wkstats and I have learned over 1500 kanji.

6 Likes

Thank you for joining this race! Congratulations to everyone who achieved their goals! Good work to everyone!

I hope to be a bit more active in the new year, and see you guys around!

7 Likes

Targeting to have level 30 in 2020, but I exceed it to 33 now.
Not sure whether it is the most effective or not, but I just signed up for lifetime membership. I hope that this is the best way.

4 Likes

This is the way.

2 Likes

I failed. I made it as far as level 18, which was more Japanese than I’ve ever learnt before and it’s really been so helpful for me.

In July I started to have these constant migraines all the time and I just can’t concentrate for long enough to keep up with my reviews. I was doing 10 a day for a while but sadly I missed a day and broke my streak.

So I decided that a reset back to level 1 would be best, and this seems like a good time. I can build back up slowly and it should be easier going for the first few months going over the Kanji I already learnt this year.

Just want to say thanks again to everyone here for all the help and encouragement. I also decided to get a lifetime membership so you are kind of stuck with me now! :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

Sucks about the migrains, but good job keeping WK in your routine even a little bit. I also missed my goal, because I reset in January. I’ve been able to build a better routine this time around. Hope you can do the same.

2 Likes

Haha I really wanted to hit 40 by the end of the year. As it stands I’m gonna hit 39 at 7pm tonight. :expressionless:

All of my delays were for good reasons, but still…damn

5 Likes

Thanks! I’m going to try to keep up with KaniWani this time as well. Glad to hear the reset worked out for you in the end!

2 Likes

This is the result of last year. I leveled up to 47 on January 1st hah.

5 Likes

Oh god I saw everyone getting so high level ;w; but I haven’t give up I think this is all that matter !

1 Like