Race to Your Goal! December 2020 JLPT

Leveled up but I feel like I went too fast.
I am also making stupid mistakes on stuff that I’ve known for years, but now with all the other stuff popping up, I start to doubt myself and insert the wrong definition or the wrong kun/yonyomi.
I definitely should slow down a bit and give myself a breather.

At least the sun is shining between the clouds and soon it’s yakiniku among friends. Friday, the best day.

3 Likes

holy crap I’ve completed 30 levels. Thats pretty wild.

6 Likes

Levelled up to 59 yesterday. I’m now wondering whether having internet access in 3 days time is going to determine my choice of accommodation. It probably is.

I may also stay someone with no signal, then drive to a nearby hill when I’m due to level up. Is that a little crazy?!

5 Likes

Nah, combine the hill with a nice walk, or something. Go for that level 60! and treat yourself to a nice slice of cake when you get back to your accommodation :wink:

3 Likes

I forgot to mention, it may be dark! But if I don’t make any more errors it’ll be sunset, which might make for some good photos.

2 Likes

Seeing as I won’t make my goal of level 40, I decided to do an update anyway. I’ll do another one next month, see how close I get!

3 Likes

Level 51 in ten days!

I finally made it into the 現実 levels. Just a little bit more, just a little bit! The end seems finally within my reach.

4 Likes

Are you planning to push to 60 at full speed, or will you keep your current pace?

1 Like

I will try to go a bit faster than my current ten day average, however going full speed all the way would be a bit too much review wise for me, my review accuracy isn’t so good and once my apprentice items go over 200, my daily review count just becomes too damn high.

But 52 will definitely be a fast level, already working on the kanji lessons. And if I were to push myself a lot, I could make it by Christmas, which is really tempting. We will see!

3 Likes

Well I did it!

I started my WaniKani journey in an apartment in Buenos Aires. 380 days later, I reached level 60 sitting on the airstrip of a sheep station in South Australia. I feel as if my life has not got more normal over the last year and a bit, but it’s definitely been fun (most of the time).

I’ll post a little more when I’ve got a better signal!

11 Likes

Congratulations @Cathm2! Well done! :fireworks: :tada: :confetti_ball:

1 Like

What a journey! Congratulations!

1 Like

おめでとう :partying_face: :tada: :confetti_ball: :tada: :crabigator:
Good work 380 days that’s super fast.

1 Like

Leveled up today I was thinking about slowing down a little bit but it’s probably better to continue as long as I’m not buried under a pile of reviews.

I have become pretty lazy since I passed my japanese test. My teacher said I could do the next one right away but I will rather wait until March. That way I will have lots of time to improve my japanese.

6 Likes

52! Finally I managed to do a quick level up again. Aiming to do a few more of these and hopefully reach 56 by the next JLPT. This would allow me to reach 60 before new years.

I know these simple level up posts are not the most gripping reading material but it helps motivate me. What else is going on in my life? Trying to get my girlfriends European visa extended so she can stay over Christmas instead of having to go back to Japan in a few weeks. Fingers crossed!

6 Likes

…and it’s me again!

:confetti_ball:53:confetti_ball:

Things are getting quiet in this thread, with the deadline imminent, no new people joining and most people having either finished or dropped out.

I’m not sure how long I can keep up this 4 day level up speed, but I also already got three level ups in November alone and just need 2-3 more this month to be on track to reach my 2020 goal, so things are going as well as they reasonably could. I’m currently aiming to hit level 60 right on new years eve (might even slow down a bit on purpose), to end the year in style. We’ll see.

4 Likes

Gonna hit 52 first thing tomorrow morning! Been really staying on top of reviews and am trying to hit a stride of 5-8 day levels for what’s left. I don’t think I’ll make 60 before the end of the year but I’m gonna try my best!

I haven’t really posted much if at all the past ~2.5 years I’ve been doing WK, but sometimes coming in here and reading about how dedicated everyone is motivates me, especially as I round the final stretch!

Keep it up y’all! :muscle:

6 Likes

A few days late to the party, but congratulations @Cathm2!! Some well deserved cake right there.

3 Likes

Got to lvl 45 yesterday! I definitely won’t make it to 60 this year, and at this pace also not next year. So rather than race, it became a marathon :P.

5 Likes

Leveled up and I have finally done over 100000 reviews. Maybe I will manage to get to level 60 next year.

5 Likes