Race to Your Goal! December 2020 JLPT

@Karakayn, @anon56347064, welcome to the race! Thanks for joining us!

It’s hard when you have so much to do in school, but I hope that this thread helps your studies. It’s great that you came back after spending so much time away!

3 Likes

Thank you very much! I’ll do that in a little bit. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I hate getting hit with so many lessons. I do what it sounds like you’re doing, and do 15-20 at a time spaced over a few hours so that I don’t get 120 reviews all at once XD

2 Likes

Step 1: Let it consume your life.
Step 2: Regret.

4 Likes

I don’t actually do any reorder script. So I have to tackle all the vocabulary first.
It may take me a day longer, but I don’t want to end up in a place where I suddenly find myself with like 400 lessons for vocabulary because I thought kanji was a little more important.

So I just do around 20 words unless they are all words I already know, which is getting more scarce. I’m down to 106 now.
I’ll have a few hours tomorrow, so I’ll do around 30 in the morning, then another 30 in the evening. It should be enough to get to the radicals.
Radicals themselves are fairly easy, and I just want them out of the way first so that the second batch of kanji unlocks sooner.

But I’m not too much in a hurry, since I’m well on my way to 60 at this rate. This was a 7 day level after all. No rush. December is far away.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Hey there! This thread is such a good idea I had to put my name down! Even if I am the slowest fossil you will ever see.
If I pop my stats here can you take whichever ones you need and stick them into your chart? Found out the hard way that I’m not a member ^^’

Feel free to tell me how embarrassing my stats are. I could do with a kick up the butt! よろしくお願いします!

3 Likes

Welcome! Thanks for joining us! I added you to the leaderboard. It won’t take long to gain member status in the forums, but there’s a link up there to tell you how to do it if you’re interested. Otherwise, just @ me or @Ilyasaur (is that ok, Ilyasaur?) when you level, and we’ll update your ranking!

I put your goal down as level 60, so let me know if it’s something different.

少しずつ, 少しずつ! Let’s do our best!

4 Likes

Your accuracy looks great! How come you are going slow? Not taking on enough lessons, or not taking time to review? Or are you like me and getting some of the kanji wrong a bunch in apprentice?, and taking frequent lesson breaks?

1 Like

Just curious, how much do people practice to achieve level speed of 10-15 days especially on higher levels? I practice every day, once a day and I am nowhere near that mark. The vocabulary stage at the end of each level is especially tough with hundreds of lessons being thrown at you, that takes me the longest time. Here is an example stat screenshot:

2 Likes

@FennelFox For sure! Thank you ^^
@Saida Before seeing this thread I didn’t know about wkstats, so I’d no idea what my accuracy was. I’m definitely not taking on enough lessons! I’m always paranoid I don’t really know the content. I’d a long break when I lived in Japan recently. When I came back, I think it took me a month alone to clear my reviews list o.O

2 Likes

いいんだぞ!

2 Likes

I went a bit overboard on the vocabulary today.
I knew half already. I just kept going.
Then I saw the radicals… Oh well, do those too then.
plus 4 kanji because that last radical needs to be in too, but meh, let’s just throw in the 4 kanji with the 5 total lesson…

I have a lot of reviews. just 162 apprentice though

5 Likes

Something that is very beneficial for me is hitting the early SRS stages quite precisely. Doing lessons in the morning, really hitting as close as possible to that first review 4 hours later, and really trying to hit the next review point 8 hours after that. So if you have time to up the review moments to two or three times a day, that could potentially help you take in the material faster.

If I remember a new word during the Apprentice SRS stages, it’s much more likely for me to stick in the long haul. Knowing the kanji of a level well then snowballs into making the vocab easier, since a reasonable percentage of vocab lessons are jukugo words.

If you’re in a position to run scripts, the self-study script plus the additional filters script can be extremely useful. They allow you to practice, among other things, your leeches, or items you got wrong on your last review. It can be great extra practice. :+1:

Some scripts also let you decide what kind of reviews you do in a batch, so if you don’t have time to clear you reviews, you can use that to only do the items in low SRS stages, which benefit most from being reviewed as soon as they are available.

And I see it’s your first post in the Community. Welcome! :smiley: You live here now

9 Likes

Thanks! Especially for the script links!

3 Likes

UPD: Lvl 12, haven’t marked the time, roughly 10 days.

2 Likes

Hey, @FennelFox ! I don’t have the member status yet and I would like to join

3 Likes

Level Up! Could someone please update the table to show me at level 14, with speed as 25 days, please? Many thanks.

3 Likes

Congrats @JoJoJapan and @SuperEyeRoller on leveling!
@Dillweedss, welcome! I’ve added you to the race! Go fight win!

I’ve got you all updated/added.

5 Likes

Many thanks!

I used to be @spleen and now I’m @JoJoJapan - I joined at level 13. Sorry to cause extra work.

2 Likes