Race to Your Goal! December 2020 JLPT

Just levelled up to 38…7 days 5 hours. Next level probably slower again.

4 Likes

Level 16!!! Took my time but I’m feeling much better about how this is going. Probably going to take me at least two years to reach 60!

4 Likes

This is not quite right. Wanikani statistiscs reports a streak of 1 when the last review is failed. We never have a streak of 0.

This means items that failed a review for the first time always have a leech score of exactly 1 and are considered leeches by that definition.

1 Like

Out of Painful with 7days 15hours. I’m ready for what Death brings :yum:

6 Likes

I’ve reset to level 17. I will see how it’s going the next 2 weeks and then change my goal for this year.

4 Likes

I’ll see you there in a couple days!

3 Likes

Oh, thank you for the clarification, I was just going from the code I was seeing and since there is a fallback against zero divisions I just assumed it would go to zero.

Personally I don’t think anything should count as a leech that I have never brought to guru at least once yet though, but if I adjust the script for myself, the stats are not comparable to other people’s screenshots anymore.

I just leveled up to 42 (yey me), fought my way through all the vocab lessons and finally reached the radical cards. Pretty easy ones. When I click to review the lessons, I get this:

That’s some great timing on the side of the wanikani developers :partying_face:

4 Likes

I’m still here, still reducing my review pile. It’s going down slowly. Want to make the guru pile reach 200 before I continue. I cannot devote an hour a day on wanikani anymore, so I have to slow it all down. And that takes a while because it means I have to pace my reviews too. I do around 50 a day, so they come back spaced over time, and not 200 in one go in like a month from now.
I’ve been at less than 50 apprentice for a while now, but the guru is still above 300. One day at a time. I’ll get there.

Managed to reduce my review pile on Iknow enough to continue lessons again, so progress is being made. Lots of repeat words on there too, which helps.

And my grammar is so far behind, I’ll never be able to make N2 in December. Especially since I’ve not even started on that grammar yet. Yikes.
Anyway, onwards!

7 Likes

Hi, this is the first time I write in forum and I have just downloaded the amazing and incredible scripts created by members to support using Wanikani. The community here is indeed amazing. I went to actual conversation class too, but cannot find the enthusiasm in here!!
I am still at level 13 and plan to do N2 this Dec 2020. I was lack of 7 points on JLPT N2 in 2019 with weakness in reading which this Wanikani is the perfect tools I need.
Just to share my Japanese learning journey, I took once a week lesson for 3 years and went passed N3. Last year I took 1 month leave and went to Japan to experience actual Japanese conversation and realised that whatever learned is not natural way of speaking. Since last year, I focus on natural way of speaking, but still a broken Japanese.

13 Likes

Welcome! I find the forums to be an almost essential part of WaniKani. This way we share our sufferings and achivements while working towards a similar goal. It lets you know that you aren’t doing this alone and encourages you to push forward. Hope you have a great time here :slight_smile: Why does it feel like an automated message when It’s written lol

6 Likes

I made it into the Death levels!

Managed to do the level up reviews, and the new radicals within a minute before the hour was up, so I can go to bed at a reasonable hour tonight, while being on schedule for another 7 day level. Slowed down a bit during my holiday, but I want to try to keep a good pace while my accuracy is still high, and my apprentice items are still manageable.

Also, first burns are coming in the next week, I think!

10 Likes

I had a 2 week holiday and it hit me like a truck :sweat_smile:.

#feelyourpain

5 Likes

Welcome. Same goal for me. Missed by 9 points last year.
If it helps, nowadays I watch a lot of movies/tv-series with japanese subtitles on from Netflix, or just watch regular japanese tv. Nice quick testing of one’s own skills as the subs change fast and don’t let you pause and think too long.
I do read some books from time to time but I am a bit too lazy on that front.

2 Likes

Hi, I subscribe Netflix purposely to watch the Japanese because it has the subtitle! Same here for drama. However, I still prefer to use the double subtitle in English and Japanese. What do you watch and where for regular Japanese TV?

2 Likes

I live in Japan so just regular programmes on the living room telly, so I can’t say where to watch them online. Japanese TV is not that great, but at least some nice series have now popped up in Netflix that I do recommend. Naked director, Giri/Haji (Japan and UK), Atsushi Tamura no Chijoha deha Dame! Zettai!

3 Likes

I’m in the middle of a road trip. Driving 5-6+ hours daily is not helping my accuracy.

3 Likes

Hi, i see, so you are living in Japan. Then, must wisely find opportunity to practise then. TNowadays, more of my circle watch Korean and hardly familiar with Japanese drama. Thanks for the recommended drama.

2 Likes

Reached 26 after 17 days and 2 hours.

Also I’ve finally defeated my Bunpro review pile and finished the last chapter of GENKI 1 this week. It just took me a bit less than a year. I think I started end of August/beginning of September last year.

Also my Japanese learning anniversary is neigh, 13th August 2019 I started learning Hiragana. I would’ve never thought I’d get this far.

12 Likes

Level up! (33)
Level up! (34)

Coming back from vacation really slowed everything down but I think I’m back on track for a December lvl 60 (I can feel the cosmic jinxing disagreeing already :sweat_smile:)

8 Likes