Race to Your Goal! December 2020 JLPT

I’m so happy I finally got to level 10

8 Likes

Just levelled up to 8 :slight_smile: still in the pleasant levels…kind of scared for the harder ones :sweat_smile::cold_sweat:

6 Likes

Level Up!

Level 24 in 7 days 8 hours.

5 Likes

12!

5 Likes

Level 25.
Took 8 days exactly :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Level 21
11 days, 1 hour!
70 lessons pending of which, 38 vocabulary. Which means Tuesday I start my radicals. Still looks to be 10 day level then.

4 Likes

Well, it seems I got these radicals early. The remaining vocabulary must be level 21 stuff. So I can make this level shorter after all. If all goes right, I could level up this weekend. Nice.

1 Like

Small milestone:
Just passed the 1000 enlightened items. I haven’t felt the burn, yet.

5 Likes

They’ll show up in March, provided you signed up on the forum shortly after starting level 1.

2 Likes

Started on the 1st of October.

So end of February, start of March is when they’ll show up. Six months minus a couple days, I think. Plus a couple hours/days for early mistakes or missed reviews.

1 Like

I just hit 99 apprentice and I’m not happy with it. I want to keep it below 100 at all times, but I don’t want to slow down on lessons.
The only option I seem to have then, is to study more. Self study, get them down again.
Guru has started to pile up again too.

If you do 15 lessons a day, then the apprentice pile could theoretically stay at like 60. Which means I have at least 40 leeches in there. AH! and then all the Guru. AAH!

1 Like

Well, if you do daily lessons, your adding to the pile at a higher rate than they’re moving into guru, right? Since it seems you have been increasing lessons a bit, as well, lately… Or do you have a bunch of leeches in there?

2 Likes

I figure if you do daily lessons, you probably have daily reviews too. Moving them all on one step at a time. If I keep getting at least 2 or 3 wrong every time though, those slow down and stay in Apprentice longer. If I get a Guru wrong, they go back to apprentice too.
Right now, half of my apprentice is on step 4, so one more right and they move to Guru 1.
Which theoretically means I could remove 50 items in 2 days. But I also add 30 in those 2 days. And don’t forget the Guru I’ll get wrong.
But if I keep doing my leeches self study, I could keep the damage to a minimum. I hope.

2 Likes

That is true, so inflow into apprentice is usually higher than outflow. But since you did your radicals already, you can also afford to half, or pause, your lessons for a day, without affecting your level up, right?

2 Likes

I feel the same, I set 150 as my upper boundary, but I’m constantly just slightly below it and even was at 175 today. But I’d like to keep adding 20 new lessons a day, because it works for me, so far.

1 Like

Nice, almost the same as me. I started on the 2nd of October. The first burns are shown on the 24th of March on my Heatmap, so you should probably see them around the 22nd-23st of March.

If you open the page of one of those level 1 items (like https://www.wanikani.com/radicals/mountain), you should see at the end of the page when you’ll see it next. It says ~1 month in mine. (I think we’ll get the exact numbers of days once it gets below 30)

2 Likes

Yeah, my heatmap shows March 22nd.

4 Likes

15 to 16 in 7 days 14 hours.
I honestly don’t know how I pulled this off.
This was my fastest level since 5.
From 5 to 10 I used the reorder scripts and skipped a lot of the Vocab, so I ended up with tons of lessons, which I cleared on 11. And since then I’ve only been using it to do Radicals and Kanji first, so I slowed down a bit.

All the Kanji stuck really well and most of the Vocab was pretty simple.
I’m going to clear the remaining 19 level 15 lessons tomorrow and can move on.

Upcoming Milestone:
25% Joyo Kanji (534/2136)
I’m at 517 Guru+

7 Likes

I’ve been slack on updating, but I finally made it to 天国 recently! I’ve had time to catch up on my grammar work too, I’m trying to get ahead before I start uni next month.

Keep it up everyone! The last few levels for me were tough, but it feels really satisfying just to have made it this far!

8 Likes