Race to Your Goal! December 2020 JLPT

Jukugo stuff vocab is so wholesome and heart warming and amazing for the soul.

4 Likes

You made this durtle’s day:

Good job everyone for your level up !

I am just passing quickly to make a post it for myself :
Level 13 : 18 days 1 hour
Level 14 : 15 days 19 hours

I am pretty happy now because I wanted originally to be level 16 for december 2019. I am not that far for my previous goal :smiley_cat:
I think I can do all my possible now to try to have the level to pass N3 this December.
Anyone has taken N3 when never took any previous JLPT test before ? Have you any advice for that ?

2 Likes

Thanks! But I don’t get a colour wheel when I try to change the colours in the script menu. So I have nothing to relate it to. I’ll try to use an RGB picker.

This was what I ended up with. Not exactly a match, but hey, the pink looks like Sakura so I’ll take it :grin:

1 Like

I couldn’t find the answer above - where are you finding that calendar view?

Here you go:

3 Likes

Level 13 to 14 in 10 days and 9 hours.
I need to do more leech training.
My percentages are going down.

In other news: My registration for N5 in July got approved \o/

3 Likes

I did, and I passed.
I think it’s important to look up on what the test will ask you. As in, the way the questions work. The grammar where you have to fill in 4 bits and then say which one goes in the place of the star for example can really throw you off if you don’t practice it a bit first.
Other than that, just do some practice tests a few times to see where your weakness lies.
There are definitely words and kanji on the test that I have learned using wanikani. So doing that is always beneficial.

3 Likes

Level 23!
Took 8 days 22 hours.

4 Likes

JLPT N3 was the first one I took and I passed it in Dec 2019 with flying colors.
I was wk lvl 30 around September when I stopped new lessons and only did reviews a few times a week. Instead of daily lessons and reviews I was doing grammarvand reading practice using Shin Kanzen Master: first N4, then N3.

I also did two practice JLPTs using the official mock test books. Based on my experience with these I developed a strategy (i.e. best way to solve each problem and how long I can spend on each question).

My experience taking different tests back in school/uni helped a lot.

2 Likes

The 2020 test dates have been announced! This race will end on December 6, 2020.

Good luck, everyone!

6 Likes

Oh right, that’s a good idea! I just signed up for N3 in July. If I stop doing lessons in April/May that of course would come with more time to spend on studying grammar. :thinking:

Level 15! Completed 14 in 6 days 21 hours!

5 Likes

For some reason I thought level 26 is a fast level and was really looking forward to tryhard this weekend after I reached 26 today. Now I’ve done all these kanji lessons in one day for nothing!

5 Likes

Level Up!

Level 22 in 7 days 13 hours.

6 Likes

FINALLY! Level 23! Took me long enough :sweat_smile:

This is why we don’t abuse the reorder script :joy:

11 Likes

Well it was a fast level a couple of years ago, looking at jprspereira’s’ level up times. But there have been changes to the fast levels since then.
Every time I level up and see that there are few radicals I’m worried I may be on a fast level, but I think they start at level forty-something now…

2 Likes

Leveled up and now I’m in hell.

5 Likes

Yep. If you ever want to check, look at how many 漢字 you have unlocked as soon as you level. If it’s <90%, not fast! :fast_forward:

1 Like

I hit 0/0 yesterday. It was nice. Then I guru’d the radicals this morning, so the last 6 kanji showed up.
I did the last 6 kanji earlier this evening and hit 0/0 again.
Then I guru’d the first batch of kanji. I have 16 lessons pending.
100 of lessons of kanji to do, 100 of lessons of kanji, knock them down, guru around, another 100 kanji to do.
:woman_shrugging: that’s life.

4 Likes