Race to the Cake šŸ°

Alrighty! Leveled up for the first time in 6 months.

9 Likes

Hey Boys and Girls :slight_smile: hey @papayaya @ploopy1000 @riverpuppy ,
Iā€™m BACK! it took me some time but I powered through my pile of 1600 reviews this week (Iā€™m having a lot of free time at work at the moment) and now the race to level 60 is taking speed again :wink: I hope you guys used the time to make some progress as well.

6 Likes

Welcome back! I actually ended up resetting 6 levels and things have been going smoothly ever since! I just had a small vacation this weekend as I was out of town at a convention, but my queue is empty and Iā€™m ready to go!

3 Likes

Why hello there. @Toba @riverpuppy

Good to see you guys again! Iā€™ve spent the last long while wondering if itā€™s really worth it to keep going and questioning my questionable reasons for starting WaniKani. Fortunately I am now back in business. I just hit 0/0 for the first time in almost a year today and itā€™s pretty cool.

3 Likes

After 141 days I finally BEAT level 42 !! yeah :smiley: the Race goes on!

8 Likes

Yay go Toba!!! Iā€™m almost back to where I was when I reset. Itā€™s starting to get harder again!

2 Likes

finally back after like a 3 month hiatus, down to 0 reviews from 600+ and did some new lessons. feels great.

2 Likes

hey welcome back @ezmine well done :wink: thatā€™s not a small feat to accomplish!

I also did another level up woop woop level 44 here I am! and my 140 day hiccup only took a toll of three days on my speed :stuck_out_tongue:

@riverpuppy you can do it ! I think Iā€™ll reset at some point in time as well o.o but Iā€™m still too proud to do it xD but I know that it would benefit my cause >.<

@1000 or in my heart youā€™re still ploopy! any questionable reasons are fine reasons and with 0/0 on the clock youā€™ll get to me in no time :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I finally leveled up after several months break and chipping away at the back log. Now Iā€™m back and pressing on.

4 Likes

In the same boat as @ddleighc. Just had an unintentional few months off but leveled up again pretty recently, and just now got my reviews and lessons back down to 0.

Hoping I can still try for atleast level 45 by the end of the year. :sweat:

Also, it went much better than my last few ā€œbreaksā€, since those ended with me having to reset my levels due to each of them being a few years long.

3 Likes

Why would you do that?

2 Likes

Easy ! Because this community decided that this is a Race to Cake (LvL 60) and not a Race to 42+ (like @Koichi had it planed und conceptualized. Therefore I need to get on and make it to 42+18 to get my Cake :smiley:

3 Likes

Updated the Narwhals to correctly put in my fall from grace :smiley:

2 Likes

Itā€™s nice to have you back!! How are you doing?

Nothing fell from grace, youā€™re learning this the way that suitsnyou, I think that is most graceful :blush:

2 Likes

thanks, glad to be back :slight_smile: i had a lot of stuff going on in rl, which coincided with a bit of a burnout, but iā€™m good now :slight_smile:

youā€™ll enter the olymp soon!

1 Like

Finally got myself the Wiki badge and went to Reorder Abuse Jail.

4 Likes

Reached cake today, though no one else in my group ever came back. Waiting for my badge to update and to get my hands on the lifetime discount.

10 Likes

You can just log out of the forum and back in and the badge will update.
Iā€™m surprised that people are still updating the table, but itā€™s nice to see!

4 Likes

Huhu, Iā€™ve added myself to the ā€œsad, quiet animalsā€ group which is a fitting name considering Iā€™m a Bidoof myself.

I donā€™t tend to post much on the internet, so I hope Iā€™ll fit just fine there : DDD
@sad-axolotl, @rawrdinosaur, Iā€™m coming for you guys! Just you wait until I catch up to you!

5 Likes

Congrats on getting the cake! Were you able to get the level 60 lifetime discount? Asking cause Iā€™m hoping to do the same in the near future :grin: