Race to the Cake šŸ°

Yay level 7 complete in 8 days just like I planned! Onwards!

3 Likes

Hey Guys :wink: I finally reached the sacred level :tofugu::four::two:
Letā€™s all get some towels, peanuts and some beer xD the next 18 Level will take the rest of the year. I slowed down quite a bit :wink:

At my Teammates in the Reorder Abuse Jail @ploopy1000, @Papayaya, @riverpuppy, What are you guys up to ?

6 Likes

Congrats! Iā€™m finally back after 5 or 6 months hiatus, working on getting my reviews down because I didnā€™t turn on vacation mode, so Iā€™m sitting at around 980 now (I was at 1370 at the highest). Iā€™d like to do N3 this December but weā€™ll see if I reach that kanji goal by then or not. I feel like I may have to reset at least a couple of levels.

3 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile: and welcome back! Awesome that youā€™re still up for the challenge :wink: and 980 might be a huge number! But just be consistent and it will melt away in no time. Until Dezember Iā€™m sure you can make it to the N3 Test :slight_smile: keep me (us) updated !

1 Like

Iā€™ve come down from a similar place before, so I know I can do it! Already down to 800 as of last night! Just gotta knock out one or two hundred a night!

1 Like

Woah, thereā€™s so many groups, idk which one to join! haha, anyway once Iā€™m member status Iā€™ll be sure to be back here!

1 Like

Olympians is currently a team of 1 and looking for new members

tehe

7 Likes

Just perusing through the groups, I noticed that you havenā€™t updated your status, @Sidcaiyar
Thatā€™s one group of complete 60s, then :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yay just went up to level 9 today! I am rising through the ranks of Danā€™s group!

1 Like

Finishing before the 2020 Tokyo Olympics seems like one hell of a goal, I like it.
I joined the team (also updated your level). I donā€™t know if Iā€™ll be able to keep up with you, but Iā€™m a bit curious to see how quickly Iā€™ll progress.

3 Likes

It is tough, but if you can do that initial 4 hour review, then do reviews once a day thereafter, 8 day levels are no problem. Since I reset to level 4, every level so far has been 8 days give or take a couple hours except for one 11 day level, and that is because I messed up one too many kanji right at the last second.

2 Likes

I love it! Count me in. So getting to 60 before the 24th of July? Sure is tough though. If I average 8 days/level Iā€™d only have one month to enjoy my cake before the olympics. Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™ll slip at some point and will have to do some of those 4 day levels to make it in time :sweat_smile:

é ‘å¼µć‚Šć¾ć—ć‚‡ć†ļ¼

2 Likes

Im kind of free until August so i plan on going 7 days/level until then, and then slow down once classes start. I wanted to give myself a hard deadline thats outside of my control to keep myself motivated :muscle:

(But donā€™t worry we can delay the deadline to the next Japan Olympics of we have to :wink:)

é ‘å¼µć‚ć†ļ¼

4 Likes

I feel like the bane of my existence is forgetting to reply to people. Iā€™m not sure if I used the term ā€œbane of my existenceā€ correctly but Iā€™d say it has a negative connotation so that works.

Hello there, and congratulations!!! Youā€™ve unlocked the super secret sacred level! Iā€™ll be there soon.
Presumably.
Iā€™ve spent a moderately long amount of time on this level due to a moderate amount of things such as school, procrastination, andā€¦ well, letting-reviews-pile-up-to-an-obscene-amount syndrome.
One thing that definitely made this experience a tad bit sadder was that I was doing a bunch of offline reviews on Tsurukame (WaniKani mobile app) until they stacked up to 300 or so, and when I got back home, the reviews wouldnā€™t update on WaniKani no matter what I did, eg refresh the app, refresh WaniKani, reconnect the wifi, and finally log out and back in to Tsurukame whichā€“I donā€™t know what I was expectingā€“made me lose progress on all of those 300 reviews. Just wanted to rant a bit about that.
Anyway, I currently have about 500 reviews. The good thing here is that I havenā€™t fallen back into my reordering shenanigans again. Itā€™s good to see that youā€™re still going strong!

1 Like

Hello there, and welcome back!!! Considering the fact that Iā€™m 9 days late to the party, I hope your reviews are at a better and more manageable quantity now. It seems that Toba has left us in the dust, but is generously giving us until the end of the year to catch up! Letā€™s gooooooo!
(real live footage of us trying to catch up to Toba)

6 Likes

Mind if I join in on the Olympian Race? I have my own race going on at the moment, but having that is a nice secondary goal.

2 Likes

Get on in there! Keep in mind though that a penguin will use you as an ingredient for her cake if you dont make it. No backsies

Whatā€™s your other, clearly less important, goal?

2 Likes

My friends and I have been talking about going to Japan early April next year since I have to save quite a bit to be able to go. I am hoping to reach level 40 minimum by the time I go, but if I do 8 day levels and 4 days for the short ones I could be level 60 by April 17 roughly next year. Though I fully expect to screw up some levels and not always hit 8 days, and the short levels are murder I hear, so I may just decide not to do them as fast as possible.

I would be interested! Sounds like the perfect plan for me, so if youā€˜re still accepting members you can count me in.

1 Like

@JacobW and @everyone
More members are always welcome! (No need to ask me haha :grin:)