Race to the Cake šŸ°

SORRY

But yes at least thatā€™s fixed!! Means we can get back to focusing on our reviews and lessons again!

1 Like

i donā€™t mind :slight_smile: one rank down means 1 rank more to rise :wink:

1 Like

I leveled up and now my rank in my group matches my name: #17. I hope to be #13 or so sometime next week, though. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Hi Guys!

I added myself to the The Waiting for Low Levelers to Eat Cake :cake: Group. Hope I didnā€™t mess up anything. Just bought a subscription and feel like Iā€™m one of you already :grin::grin: Also since Iā€™m checking WK and the community at least 10 times a day.

Here we goooo!

4 Likes

have fun :slight_smile:

Welcome to our own personal hell! :smiley:

One step closer to the cake, now in Death again :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The last slow level!

11 Likes

congrats napth!
youā€™re so close now

1 Like

Are you planning to do the fast levels fast? Well then, Iā€™m preparing to be left decisively in your dust.

3 Likes

@saiakuma @Sezme
Thank you both!

Sezme: if possible, Iā€™d like to do them in 3d12
The 5am-9am-5pm schedule actually fits exactly the down times of my day, so it might be possible.

I really enjoyed those past two levels, too. Itā€™s like itā€™s Christmas twice a week. :blush:

3 Likes

I wish i had the motivation to do this properlyā€¦ iā€™m so far behind, iā€™ve got 700 reviews left, (but i reorder so iā€™ve done all kanji) and iā€™ve been on this level 43 days so far :frowning:

Technically, itā€™s my 4th time learning the joyo kanji (well, there are some non joyo here, but anyway).
At each level, thereā€™s usually only 2~4 kanjis that I would not consider ā€œburnedā€ already. (A lot more of the vocab is new, but itā€™s fairly easy to learn here)
I wouldnā€™t say I am doing WK properly, since my lessons usually go skip - skip - skip- ā€¦ hm 恝恆? Click Yep okay cool - skip - skip - ā€¦ I actually donā€™t know, uh click click checks reading and words ok - skip - skip

If you consider the amount of information, Iā€™m basically doing 70 days levels :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I too enjoy the 5-9-5 schedule on those rare occasions that I donā€™t get delayed earlier in the week. Tomorrow, though, I should be able to manage a 5-9-5 schedule.

But itā€™s more challenging when you have to complete the previous level and then learn all the kanji for the new level within the hour. But since you know almost all the kanji already, it shouldnā€™t be too taxing. Bonne chance!

1 Like

oh right ahaha

1 Like

I think I remember @jprspereira (or maybe someone else) mentioning learning the kanji before.
Nothing prevents you from going to the next levelā€™s kanji pages and study them before hand. :slight_smile: In particular the day before leveling up, when you donā€™t have any critical item in the queueā€¦

(That being said, if you donā€™t have any specific reason to go faster, thatā€™s not necessary either :woman_shrugging: thatā€™s only a month of difference or so?)

4 Likes

Yes, for the one fast level I did (26?) I learned all the next level kanji the night before. It was stressful. I think thatā€™s when I finally installed the ignore script.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a great idea! I never thought of that, but it totally makes sense, and that way when youā€™re buzzing through the lessons, youā€™re not also just forgetting the kanji as soon as you look at themā€¦ haha

in other news, iā€™m suprised i havenā€™t been overtakenā€¦ iā€™ve slacked a bit @Kyasurin is still a couple of levels in front of me, but it doesnā€™t look great for meā€¦
13%20pm
(Iā€™m an aeroplane!)

(Somehow it hasnā€™t effected my average timeā€¦)

3 Likes

Sup fast humans, how is it going?

I like this levelā€™s color @Naphthalene

Hmmā€¦ I do study kanji before entering an specific level, well, at least i was doing so up to level 40

Anyway, life is demanding my attention again, peace!

5 Likes

Yup. The good old self-study script together with the self-study hide info script. Iā€™d go to a levelā€™s kanji page, hide meanings/readings, and 2 by 2/3 by 3, Iā€™d repeat meanings and readings to myself. Eventually, Iā€™d have memorized all the kanji. Then, Iā€™d do the quiz for those kanji using the self-study script to check those I wasnā€™t so sure about. Then review these again. This could take me around 20 to 30 mins to do. Preferably, Iā€™d do this the day before leveling up, so that Iā€™d have a 2nd exposure to them during lessons. The lessons would totally be a breeze though :grin:

My point here isā€¦ SRS is awesome but nothing like repetition at the beginning to really cement that new content. To me, expecting a SRS interval of 4h to be enough when youā€™re learning this amount of new info a day wouldnā€™t work. I had to add that sweet repetition to kanji.

3 Likes