Race to the Cake 🍰

As long as bugs don’t turn that 至る into ひる

Oh my, multilingual puns

3 Likes

Haha! Took me a minute. Now I’d be scared if you invited me to eat ひるごはん at your house.

5 Likes

Whaaaa…? A sí… Mañana tal vez puedo visitar el jardin secreto de paraíso.

1 Like

¡Es tan secreto que me he quedado por dos semanas con tal de verte llegar a él!

1 Like

@riverpuppy thanks for your kind words :smiley: it was gruesome. I’m not quite sure about what to read actually I wanted to look into light novels already and want to try myself on that. I’ll probably take to some Isekai one, I kind of enjoy the genre. And there are a lot of them out there, there should be one which fits my interests :smiley: something with a lot of tasty food and cooking :hamburger::rice_ball::bento::ramen::curry:

But not yet decided I’m kind of slow to get back into my learning routine…

@ploopy1000 THANK YOU!1 :stuck_out_tongue: you can do better as well, I’ll believe in you. Don’t get stuck with wanikani’s most dreaded disease ! Just push through it! Now the interesting levels are coming :wink:

Volume 6 that’s amazing o_O do you live in Japan or did you order it via Amazon ? I need to get some Japanese exchange students to bring me looooots of books xD that would be nice :smiley: and yeah Yotsuba is really enjoyable but on the other hand not really that challenging I guess… or I do something wrong maybe :smiley:

But lets get to the main Topic … LEVEL UP :stuck_out_tongue: you lot need to step up your game :wink:
my current goal is to misuse my way until level 35 (the N3 threshold) and from there play it more slowly

Let’s get racing again :crazy_face::running_man::horse_racing::biking_man::crabigator:

2 Likes

… wait

HOW ARE YOU LEVEL 28 ALREADY

AAAAAAAAA

Neither! I do not live in Japan but they’re available at my local library.

Yea, I do agree that it isn’t challenging. I should really find another slightly-more-challenging-book to try out.

I’m coming.

I’m coming.

2 Likes

Maybe Restaurant to Another World/異世界食堂? Light novels seem scary to me! I’ll stick to Yotsuba for now, haha.

1 Like

Welp, I learned two things today:

• After the first fast level, you get 141 lessons. It’s not as bad as I expected (I really thought it would reach 200)
  • You don’t need to guru radicals to level up. I was sure that it was the case, but nope you just need 90% kanji, one way or another.

Also, I guess I will only change color every two levels for those.

2 Likes

Going full speed?

3 Likes

Not really? I’d like to do 3d12h level if possible, but that’s only if I can actually find the time to do it. Like, right now, I’m already late for the 4h one, but I’m on my phone (no reorder) and can’t focus for more than a few minutes at a time. I whittle down my reviews a bit anyway, but only got 10 of the time critical kanji so far, so it’s not happening until I get home. That’s going to be a 3d14 at best.

2 Likes

Fine. There. I changed :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s all fun and games when you’re still not level 60 and you wanna level asap, but once you move on from wk, you’ll realize those extra hours mattered even less.

Take your time. You’re doing great :green_heart:

2 Likes

I don’t know, 3 days and a half felt right for me, in terms of leveling speed.
I kinda wish I could have done all of WK at that speed.
Of course, the problem is the number of reviews per day, I guess, but

It’s not so bad, right now. It would only become a problem around the time of the guru2 → master review, I think, but I have three weeks until those, and I’ll be almost done with WK anyway if I can maintain my speed.

Plus, spending less time on WK just means I’ll spend more time on floflo or kitsun, which is basically the same thing :thinking: Might as well get that golden badge.

3 Likes

So glad Reorder Abuse Jail exists because it is exactly where I belong :blush::sob:

2 Likes

wk should have 100 or so levels, done at a 3-4 day rate. i don’t really like the “first half / second half” system.

1 Like

I want to join the naughty group (lmao) but does that mean I have to manually change everyone’s ranking? I’m not sure I’m adding myself correctly haha

NEVERMIND I READ CAREFULLY THIS TIME

I am ready for this

2 Likes

we totally need a squirrel in our group :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I looked at your group and thought the exact same thing!

1 Like

thankfully our shameful lack of squirrel situation is fixed now :smiley:
even if it pushes me one rank down, hehe.

1 Like