Race to the Cake 🍰

@ploopy1000,@riverpuppy Hey guys :wink: I’m back. I finally finished my thesis and my university and I’m a free elf again.
It last two levels took me far too long o.o each a lot over 20 days. But now I’ll get back in the Kanji game and also plan to start reading Japanese texts finally! I hope it will not be too hard :wink:

How are you guys doing ?

Congrats on finishing your thesis!! What are you gonna start reading? I started reading Yotsuba&!

Don’t worry. It gets easier. And then sometimes it gets harder. And then it gets easier again.

Yeah, it’s up and down, but I feel like the general trend is that the more kanji you learn, the easier it is to learn kanji. As far as speed, though, as long as you’re progressing and feeling more or less comfortable with it, you’re winning the only race that matters.

Not sure if I’m too new to do it or too computer illiterate, but I can’t seem to edit the second post. I guess I need to post my stats here then?

Group to join : Waiting for Low Levelers to Eat Cake
Level : 3
Speed : 7 days 20 hours (If the first 2 levels don’t count, how can it determine this anyway lol)

Welcome, you are one of us now :slightly_smiling_face:

WELCOME BACK!!!

Congratulations on being released from prison finishing your thesis!

I’m not doing too well. I could be doing better.
Way better.

Lately I’ve been lacking the motivation to continue so I’ve been stuck at level 26 for a few weeks (So much for the fast level :sweat_smile:).

For Japanese texts, I’m on volume 6 of Yotsuba and I love it. It’s pure. It’s great. It’s really not that hard to understand. 10.1/10 I’d highly recommend.

Hey, congrats on getting to Hell!
U going fast
Tebrikler

Teşekkür ederim :blush:
I’m going to slow down now because my lessons are piling up but going fast was definitely fun.
Warning: Don’t look at my leeches if you don’t want to be overwhelmed :sob:

Hey everyone. Even though my :alarm_clock: alarm didn’t go off this morning (or I didn’t hear it) and so I missed my :clock5: 5am review (It bugs me when my WK schedule get delayed) I still levelled up this morning. So I’m officially out of hell (it appears that :angrykoichi: Satan wanted to keep me there two extra hours this morning) and into :game_die: :game_die:! *

Looking forward to the :tropical_drink: relaxing pace (:laughing:) of the 40 levels.

As always, よろしくお願いします。

*(That’s a pair o’ dice.)

Welcome!!!

Image depicting a random paradise

Thanks!

Here’s an image of the actual paradise I’ll be within walking distance of in less than a month(!) for a few days at least.

(Elephant rock at Manzano in Okinawa)

This place looks beautiful! :slight_smile:

I ‘recently’ entered the Paradise levels, and I gotta say… it’s pretty amazing to feel like I’ve gotten this far! Hope your leveling and reviews go well. :stuck_out_tongue:

(But perhaps visiting this lovely place feels better!)

So, I’ll join here as soon as I can edit… can’t do that yet. Will also take a while to get my house in order again… burn what I know and relearn what I forgot. But I’m here now :slight_smile:

hmm… still can’t edit. what might cause this? do i need special permissions? how to obtain?

Yes, you need to be at “member” trust level or above. You are currently at “basic user”.

To go to the next level, you need to read a few posts from a few different threads.
I don’t have the exact numbers in mind but they have been posted a few times here and there. I might dig them up later.

Edit: the default settings (might have been edited, since I think I got member much faster than that)

Get to trust level 2 by…

• visiting at least 15 days, not sequentially
  • casting at least 1 like
  • receiving at least 1 like
  • replying to at least 3 different topics
  • entering at least 20 topics
  • reading at least 100 posts
  • spend a total of 60 minutes reading posts

All your stats seem in order, except for the number of days visited… So yeah, just stick around for a couple of weeks, and you should be fine :slight_smile:
You will get a notification upon getting your status upgrade.

thanks for the info :slight_smile:
to think i miss “days visited”… must be because it’s a new forum i guess :wink:

Woke up at 5 to level up and do all the kanji lessons before life could have a say about it.
Also, I figured 5+4 = 9am, I might be able to squeeze the reviews in before work really starts, then the next review at 5pm when I usually take a break.

Sounds doable if I reorder the heck of my review queue and deal with the rest at night…
slanky

And sleep never

is 5am over there D:?

Sounds like a plan

Good luck on fast levels

Well, it’s 7:30 right now.
I first dealt with breakfast and preparing for the day before updating my status on the forum :expressionless:

I fell asleep 15 min early instead of doing my 8h apprentices e_e I did this last level too… They’re not even at a late time…

I guess this will put them on a better schedule if I put off the 23h ones…