Race to the Cake šŸ°

Made to to 35! 95% of N3 kanji, baby! (Time to work on grammar/reading/listeningā€¦)

9 Likes

I will make it thereā€¦ soonā€¦ishā€¦

3 Likes

Just leveled up! So many words use 見态갗态and äŗŗā€¦

2 Likes

Ah, sorry. Not sure why that replied to just you uhh

2 Likes

There are ony 53 users in the level-35-paid group :open_mouth: so fewā€¦
I canā€™t access the lifetime users for the same levelā€¦ nor any other level :c

1 Like

Congrats! 見态갗态äŗŗā€¦ those were simpler times. Now itā€™s all 薦态臓态and 腐ā€¦

3 Likes

Yeah, you need to belong to the group to be able to see it.
There are 8069 users in the lifetime group, which is a respectable number, I guess.

Interestingly, there are 39 users in the level-39-lifetime group.

2 Likes

aah thanks!
yeah 24 now whoo

ooh , interesting, there are 122 in level 24 lifetime, but the majority never post in the forums, i wonder how long theyā€™ve been level 24

2 Likes

How do you check how many people are at your level?

1 Like

You canā€™t do that easily.
If you have a script, you could go through the list of everyone who has the basic user badge (because thatā€™s everyone) and check their level one by one.

You can, however, access the group of people using the same method of payment as you who are also your level.
Just clic on @level-08-paid and, if you belong to that group (should be your case), a pop up appears, telling you how many people are in that group.

Fun level 60 activity: reset to level 1 one level at a time, and check the number of people at each level.

2 Likes

Thanks! I checked and wow, there are 753 in level 8 paid, and 11,809 people in the paid group.
Lvl%208%20Paid
Paid

1 Like

And 46975 total users on the forum :flushed:
So 27097 users without a subscription. Thatā€™s more than half :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

Thank you! I have to admit I neglected WaniKani this summer, could have went fast tbh -u-ā€˜ā€™

Also are you talking about my mistake? Idk what happened, I was updating my level from my phone but it kept tapping any other button except the ones I needed, I had to turn on my computer and fix it from there. (Also itā€™s still kinda doing it, is it my phone or the mobile version of the forum having problems?)

You basically duplicated the post, half above and half below.
You then removed the part above, but forgot the part below.
(It has been fixed since then)

Oh I didnā€™t see the part below, I wonder what I tapped, Iā€™m never modifying that post from the phone ever again lol

1 Like

This is Discourseā€™s issue. You have to restart the app to get rid of it, most times.

I wonder how accurate this is. I looked myself up, and it lists me in both level 34 and level 35! And interestingly it shows 38 in level 34-paid, but 54 in level 35-paid.

Also, I assume this is only forum members. Canā€™t you subscribe to WK without becoming a forum user, or is it automatic? I forget, but I thought I had to sign up to the forum separately.

2 Likes

Well, it should be stochastic, with so little people. So you would see a lot of noise

Also, you are correct about forum subscription. I feel itā€™s a good proxy for the general population though. We could ask a level 60 to check how many they are (well, three level 60 actually) and see how it scale to the official stats of 20 users reaching level 60 every month :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

How do you even check that? :thinking:

Iā€™m actually lvl 59ā€¦

1 Like

ā€¦runs to dictionaryā€¦

Are the people here particularly little, and noisy? I mean, besides me.

1 Like