Race to the Cake šŸ°

Congrats !!

1 Like

Are you a self-assessed N1, now? :smile:
Congrats anyway!

5 Likes

Congratulations!! :tada: :tada:

1 Like

Btw does anyone know why these kanji are not covered by wanikani?

And not yet means, it will be covered someday ?

2 Likes

Theyā€™re left out mainly because theyā€™re are not as common. You see non-WaniKani Kanji here and there, some like ęŒØꋶ a lot, but youā€™re better off learning those outside of Wanikani through reading. Whether because they only show up in one word a lot, or are just uncommon enough that you wonā€™t need them for a while. Better to focus primarily on the WaniKani kanji at first.

They probably wonā€™t be adding new levels or new kanji anytime soon. The ā€œyetā€ there is just kind of there to be there. Maybe theyā€™ll switch some Kanji out as they have in the past, but even that is dubious.

1 Like

Ah okay thanks for your explanation:)
Of course I will learn at first all WK Kanjis.
And if I should have too much free time, I can learn them too :smiley:

1 Like

Congratulations, @xyzbuster! Maybe it should be a race to catch up to youā€¦ Haha. xD

1 Like

Congratulations!!!

2 Likes

Ya we should change the title ā€œrace to the cakeā€ to ā€œRace to xyzbusterā€ hahahaha

3 Likes

We could change the title to ā€˜Race to - now honoring @someoneā€™ each time someone reaches level 60. What do you think?

• Yes, good idea!
  • I donā€˜t care
  • No, bad idea.

0 voters

3 Likes

Perfect idea !!!

1 Like

idk dudeā€¦ some people will be at top for weeks, while others for a few hours, maybe being unnoticed by the restā€¦ cake was fine for me

Also @xyzbuster congratulations, full respect!!

2 Likes

Make a minimum of time one has to stay mentioned as a requirement. The moment this requirement is achieved, if thereā€™s someone else being mentioned, you remove the former. If there isnā€™t anyone else yet, you keep it.

that be a solution, or you could share the post name, like for example u and @Vanilla, would be in that situation, so in a few weeks it would appear like

Race to jprspereira and Vanilla

or you could go the wordplay road.

Race to xyzbuster cake
Race to vanilla cake
race to jprspereira with a hint of vanilla cake

5 Likes

This seems like a better idea :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I actually thought ā€˜Race to :cake: - now honoring @someoneā€™ (resp. ā€˜Race to level 42+ - now honoring @someoneā€™, 'cause it looks like itā€™s winning), but forgot that if you write <placeholder>, it vanishes in posts :see_no_evil:. Nevermind me
Personally, I would probably put a deadline on it, like stay in the title for a day or two. And I like the idea of putting several people in there if they reach level 60 roughly at the same time. :smiley:

2 Likes

Can I be honored even though I hit 60 a little while ago?

2 Likes

I knew I would forget something eventually. When I reached Level 29, I forgot to update my status on the list.

Well, Iā€™m Level 30 now. Halfway there! Woohoo! Been a wild yearā€¦and a couple months.

3 Likes

Wooooah! weā€™re

Woooooah! living on a prayer

4 Likes

Iā€™m halfway toā€¦ 95% JLPT N2? Does that count? xD Itā€™s beenā€¦ much longer than a year and a couple months for me haha. Congratulations!! Have some cake. :cake:

I jumped to your group! I hope I can catch up, slowly but surely!
(Good luck to my former group members! :cake:)

2 Likes