Race to Your Goal! December 2020 JLPT

Great to have you on board! Full disclosure, I got the idea from @GrumpyPanda in the Olympian thread, who suggested summer 2021.

3 Likes

Yep! (but you need to update the leaderboard anyway)

Thanks! I added that link in.

2 Likes

The order is by current level, since it matters more how far youā€™ve gone than how fast. Speed is in there for extra motivation!

1 Like

At the time I was confused because people were adding themselves to the board without regard for order, but GrumpyPanda fixed it.

4 Likes

The first 2 levels have modified SRS that make the fastest speed possible 3 days, 2 hours.
On the other hand, there are some short levels that either donā€™t have radicals, or donā€™t have enough Kanji depending on that levelā€™s radicals to hold you from guruing 90% of the levelā€™s Kanji on the first batch. These levels you can do in 3 days, 10 hours.
Otherwise, the fastest possible speed for most levels is 6 days, 20 hours.

The stats tool assumes all levels will take the same amount of time which, if youā€™re going at a certain speed, gives you some extra days if you base your goal on the estimate wkstats gives

1 Like

Iā€™m joining this challenge too!
WKStats says that going at my planned speed I can get all burned by December 2020 JLPT so letā€™s try that! :slight_smile:
Sounds like a reasonable goal having reached lvl 60 by the Olympics, so I can participate in both threads :smiley:

5 Likes

Thatā€™s on me for posting twice in a row insetad of quoting people like everyone else haha

2 Likes

Donā€™t worry, you get used to it. I did the same thing at first, easily posted 7 times in a row. :eyes: :smiley:

3 Likes

Welcome to the race! Iā€™m doing both as well. é ‘å¼µć‚ć†ļ¼

2 Likes

I leveled up! :dizzy:
One tenth of the way done!

6 Likes

Congratulations, another step closer to the cake!

Iā€™ve added all of you (that are currently in the top post leaderboard) Into my own leaderboard, so I can keep up.
Iā€™m still a few days away from leveling up. Stupid mistake in a Kanji reading set me back. Doh.

Ah, I hate it when that happens. Good luck!!

Not sure if itā€™s possible to go from lvl 9 to lvl 60 by Dec 2020, but Iā€™ll give it a go.

4 Likes

Great! Welcome! Iā€™ll add you to the leaderboard. When you level, post and @ me, and Iā€™ll update you if you havenā€™t gotten ā€œmemberā€ status.

I think it should be possible to hit level 60, depending on how often you can do your reviews. Iā€™m aiming for 60 by September and think I have a reasonable shot. But if youā€™d rather set a different goal like 50 or 40, thatā€™s cool too.

2 Likes

Hi all, Iā€™m joining too! I like the idea of using the JLPT to stay motivated. Iā€™ve added myself to the leaderboard and added everyone to my own leaderboard. According to wkstats, I should be at level 60 around August. Good luck, everyone! ā•­( 惻āˆ‡ćƒ»)Łˆ

2 Likes

Welcome! Itā€™s good to have you on board!

1 Like

Awesome! Iā€™m down. Still new to wanikani but in shooting for n3 or n2 jlpt this year and def n1 next. So I think reaching 60 as soon as I can is a good goal!

4 Likes

Iā€™m doing it from level 6. We can only give it our best.

Glad more people are joining up. Hope we all pass our JLPT!

Because I failed one too many kanji, Iā€™m not leveling up to 7 until saturday 9 am at the earliest.
At least itā€™ll be in the morning. I can churn out a lot of new lessons after and be ready for new kanji by sunday.
I can even do most of the vocabulary that become available for the other non failed kanji on friday (tomorrow) So in the end it might not be too bad. Iā€™ll only have one extra day this level (9 instead of 8). Which in my opinion is excellent.

4 Likes

According to WKstats, and if my calculations are correct, youā€™d have to go at a pace of 11days2h for every level if you want to achieve 60 by the beginning of December 2020. I think itā€™s a very reasonable pacing, but itā€™s up to you if you want to keep this pace throughout the 1.5 years to come :slight_smile:

4 Likes