Quick Downtime for a Friday Afternoon (PDT)

We’ll be putting the site into maintenance mode for a few minutes in a few minutes (around 2020-05-01T20:35:00Z). It shouldn’t be more than 10 minutes, and we’re hoping for more like 5 minutes. As usual, we’ll keep you up to date as we work through this.

12 Likes

How dare you deprive me of toilet reviews.

12 Likes

7 Likes

And we’re back! Thanks for the patience, everyone! :wink:

8 Likes

7 Likes

Seems to still be pretty slow for me ¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

Uh oh.

4 Likes

It’s probably going to be slow for a few minutes. There are some caches that we tried to pre-warm, but they still need to be exercised by the real world. {sigh}

2 Likes

I have the worse timing. First the middle of the night outage, now today, the first time I had a chance to log on to Wanikani, and I manage to pick the ten minute window of doom. (It’s not up yet for me either btw).

3 Likes

database warm up time

How about right in the middle of a review session?

i managed to sync the kanji reviews that i did in the 1 minute window that the site was working again :relieved:

We’re giving it three minutes to recover from all those frantic refreshes, then we’ll see. There might be some intermittent slowness for a little while.

3 Likes

1 Like

It’s slowly getting better. We’re watching all the things.

2 Likes

Thanks for your patience and understanding ya’ll.

We had to do some follow-up maintenance on the crash a couple days ago.

3 Likes

No wonder my review was interrupted for a while there. Anyways, glad that all seems to be back up and running. Still, I “blame” the downtime for me only getting image accuracy for that particular review.
:smirk:
I kid, I kid :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Ouch!

(did you know there’s a ten character minimum for comments? I do now!)

1 Like

no

2 Likes

I finished up some reviews on the preview site while the main site was in maintenance and now it appears I haven’t done them, but only on the main site. Any idea why?