Questions about Kaniwani, Japanese and the greater mysteries of life

Hello all!

I’ve been using WaniKani for about three months now. I love it, but feel I require more.

Only recently I discovered KaniWani. I think it’s a great idea but it starts me off with Kanji I’ve only just learnt, rather than ones I’m familiar with. It also doesn’t seem to really show you your mistake like wanikani, so it’s harder to learn.

Is there any way of being able to reset it so that you can start with earlier levels of Kanji?

I’m also using the wanikani android app. I was wondering if there’s a way to force it to play audio for each word, and if there are other complimentary android apps for wanikani?

Overall, I find the wanikani method of learning is for me as it forces me to do it each day. Is there anything else like this? Are there apps that might help with conjugation in such a way? I’ve been studying Japanese for 3 months and I’m finding that my Japanese class doesn’t cut it at all! So, it’s up to me to teach myself with the best tools I can find on the net. I figure you guys have already found them so I humbly ask for your guidance :slight_smile:

Thanks!

1 Like

KW has a page where you can lock and unlock kanji by WK level at will.

Your audio options are in the WK settings page.

If I were you I would set it to burned items only and ignore it for now

For grammar, there is https://bunpro.jp

Which is moving to a paid model :rage:

Just lock/unlock any earlier levels on the vocabulary page.
We simply start you at your current level, otherwise a new level 50 WK user would begin with 5000 lessons.

I’m not sure what you mean here?
When you answer incorrectly you can view the kanji, readings, pitch accent, kanji strokes etc