Quantify "ignored" mistakes

So against the recommendation of many, I am using the “ignore” quite liberally as it keeps me motivated. That said, I do ignore small mistakes such as typos and sometimes things that I just mindfarted on (yes yes, overusing ignore kills kittens, I know)

However, it would be interesting to see if there are items that I click “ignore” on a bit too much, and consequently need to review those on the side or just not let myself pass it once I get to a certain SRS-level.

Are there any plugins that tracks which items I have used the ignore function on? I use both an app and the web, and a part of me assumes that the system simply ignores those inputs, and consequently they cannot be quantified. Am I wrong in this or is there a glorious plugin to help me with my niche usecase?

3 Likes

Would be nice for me too…
Maybe requesting it here helps too? What do you want now? (Request extensions here) - #410 by Trainer (am on phone so can only post the link)

2 Likes

No.

I sometimes feel like I use the ignore script too much (not using it at all at the moment, though), so what I did was that I modified the script to not allow its use on burn items, meaning I can’t burn an item I’ve ignored too much. It’s just a simple thing, but it works just fine for me.

6 Likes

How did you make that modification? Well, I don’t overuse the script at the moment so I hope I won’t need it, but it seems like a good safeguard nonetheless.

For simplicity I rely on the SRS indicator script which adds the dots in this image (red is a burn item)

I use that to check if the current item is a burn item, and if it is I block the ignore. See line 168-170 here.

3 Likes

I see the birth of a new species: userscripts for other userscripts!

5 Likes

I just use double check for that. If I mark an item right and see that that burns it, I’ll usually just mark it wrong again.

The issue for me is that I don’t want to double check. I want to keep going and only be stopped when it’s necessary

1 Like

Would you be able to link me to that script? I can’t seem to find it by using the search feature :expressionless:

Think it’s this one

3 Likes

Thanks a million! :smiley:

I usually allow ignores to go through on burn items, but I also then immediately resurrect them. So, I guess it’s the difference between having it come back in a few weeks, versus starting fresh.

2 Likes

That’s actually a good feature! But if I could programmatically resurrect items, I’d go for that, like Leebo said.