Probably missing something obvious!

This is surely a silly question but I cant find the answer anywhere…when and how do I ever “burn” anything?? Am I missing something?! I havent been asked about any of the early kanji/vocab for months yet nothing is burned?? Also apologies for the lack of apostrophies but Im typing on a Japanese laptop…so also if anyone knows where I can find them!!! haha :rofl:

My current state:

1 Like

This :slight_smile:

In other words, if getting an item right all the time, it takes around 6 months to burn it (from lesson to burnt).

4 Likes

I’m sure someone will answer the other question, so shift+7?

2 Likes

It doesnt work on this laptop when Ive got it in English mode! In English mode shift and 7 is & :exploding_head: Its weird, if I switch to Japanese mode it is the apostrophe you get! But then typing English words doesnt work. Lol. If I really need to type something properly I need to keep switching from Japanese to English mode. Joy :joy:

Thanks tho!

Oh great so it should be in the next couple of weeks I think that I should see some burning! I think I started in September. Thanks! :raised_hands:

1 Like

What do you mean by “English mode?” I use a Japanese laptop at work, and I just set the IME to the English setting (and toggle back to Japanese when necessary) and all of the functionality always works as you’d expect. Japanese people need apostrophes too.

EDIT: Just tried it and I get an apostrophe no matter what the IME is set to.

The complete table, assuming you never once make a mistake on an item:

SRS Level Next Level Total Wait Review
Apprentice 1 4h - Lesson
Apprentice 2 8h 4h 1
Apprentice 3 ~1d 12h 2
Apprentice 4 ~2d 1d 11h 3
Guru 1 ~1w 3d 10h 4
Guru 2 ~2w 1w 3d 9h 5
Master ~1M 3w 3d 8h 6
Enlightened ~4M 7w 5d 7h 7
Burned - 24w 6d 6h 8
3 Likes

Yeah I think this laptops setup is just weird…when I change the language all the button functions move around! like they all change…The @ moves down a row, the : moves along one to the left…I have little stickers on keys so I can remember but Ive never found where the apostrophe moves to, I think it just vanishes…mysterious…
These are my language options:

When you set it to 日本語, there should be a toggle within that to type in romaji.

On my keyboard, when I set it to the English mode, apostrophe moves to where it would be on a normal Enlgish keyboard two keys to the right of the “L” key.

1 Like

I should make mine look better, shouldn’t I? :eyes: :ok_hand:

1 Like

If you don’t want to move around the columns you can copy this, although I don’t know why you removed the one column to begin with

Fastest progress possible
Review SRS Level Total Wait Next Level
Lesson Apprentice 1 - 4h
1 Apprentice 2 4h 8h
2 Apprentice 3 12h ~1d
3 Apprentice 4 1d 11h ~2d
4 Guru 1 3d 10h ~1w
5 Guru 2 1w 3d 9h ~2w
6 Master 3w 3d 8h ~1M
7 Enlightened 7w 5d 7h ~4M
8 Burned 24w 6d 6h -
1 Like

I think I somehow lost yours, and then just made mine? :rofl: idk. Thanks anyway :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I admit I’ve always thought the third and fourth columns should be the other way around…

I had it the other way around at first, but I found it confusing to have the total after a number not included in the total.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.