[Preview]: Upcoming wkstats.com changes (Have you reset your level?)

thank you !

Definitely thank you! I had no idea about the /v2 version!

I’ve been using the wkstats .com pretty much everyday since i discovered it a few months ago. I had no idea there was a V2. Thank for the hard work, it looks great!

You can imagine my relief…

https://www.wkstats.com/v2

4 Likes

Just FYI, I gather you’ve just recently changed it to be /v2/ without needing the /v2/. Going to the root of the site works, and navigating around all works, but if I refresh the browser, it 404’s, or hit enter in the url when it is anywhere other than the root of the site, it 404s.

I’m on Chrome 84.

Thanks for the wonderful tool and all your work.

1 Like

Fixed, thanks!

I missed copying a configuration line in the web server.

4 Likes

Don’t worry - that’s coming back!

3 Likes

Great to hear that! Excellent site, BTW! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just want to say my appreciation for the great site! I love checking out my stats once in a while and its really motivating to see progress by the numbers. I’m really looking forward to the projections tab once its finished, I frequently visit that tab every now and then to see if its finished :smiley:

7 Likes

Hey there, is there a way to access a Projects page, either on an earlier site or to calculate it manually? Just wanted to get a rough idea of my progress as I close in on Level 20.

3 Likes

I I’ve been using wk stats top review all my kanji, reading thorught all my burned items in sequence.

Could you make it so we can randomise the display order in each level, so i’m not aided so much by context.

thanks!

You may consider using the Item Inspector script for this.

• You select the Burned item table
  • You click the random Selection button

This will display a selection of your burned item in random order on the screen. You may use this to study your burned items.

Adding “Random” as a sort criteria is a great idea! I will add that to the to-do list.

1 Like

Hi, I love the site and check it out a fair amount :woman_facepalming:
When I was first on wk I used to like seeing the level up projections page to motivate me. Any idea whether that will be coming back?

1 Like

hmm… thought it’s time for a ping…

sadness… any status updates?

3 Likes

For me, the console gives an error (but it’s supposed to give some stats)

The error is:

Uncaught (in promise) Error 404 fetching “https://api.wanikani.com/v2/srs_stages?updated_after=1999-01-01T01:00:00.000000Z

it’s been broken a long time (maybe not broken)…but @rfindley was going to originally make it work (similar to the API1) in all the spare time they have…

just pinging to maybe bring it back to life … :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Gotta push this thread back up again :sweat_smile: i was away from wanikani for a long time and was looking for wkstats v2. And here I am in a thread with the last pist in june 2021 :sweat_smile: i guess rfindley is not working on this anymore? :see_no_evil:

Sorry, I don’t think I’ll get around to working on wkstats anymore.
Stats are great, but all of my spare time is on higher priority Japanese-related things.

5 Likes

While I’m sad to hear that, I can totaly understand.
Thanks alot for all the work with wkstats.
It will be remembered as a great motivational source :wink:

1 Like

There are a few other stats sites available - obviously none exactly the same though!
For example the one I use is WK History, it’s got a good amount of stats as well as things like reading coverage and predictions (and a nice dark mode!).

1 Like