Preparing for an Informal Interview - Advice?

Good afternoon, everyone!

On Monday, I am going to be having an informal interview with one of my Japanese professors at the college. The only hint I was given regarding what we would discuss is that it would be focused on the theme “routines, hobbies, and activities”.

I am trying to take that theme and brainstorm what type of questions I should be ready for. Things like when you wake up, go to bed, go to class, etc.

If any of you have any ideas, I would love the help!

By “interview” do you mean it’s a sort of exam for your class? Also wondering what the level of Japanese is… is it intro level?

I’m not sure if you’re looking for the English or Japanese version of the questions you might be asked, so I’ll stick with English for now:

What are your hobbies?
What do you do on the weekend?
What sports / movies / food / books / etc do you like / play / watch / eat / read / etc?
What do you usually do in the morning / afternoon / evening / after class / etc?
Do you cook / do laundry / clean the house / etc?
Do you get up early / late?
Do you go to bed early / late?
How long do you study / work / sleep / etc every day?
Why do you like 〇〇?
How often do you 〇〇?
When / What time do you 〇〇?
Who do you 〇〇 with?
Where do you 〇〇?
Do you have any plans for tomorrow / the weekend / next week / etc?
Who—with / What / When / Where / Why / How are you going to 〇〇? (for future plans / activities)

Are these the droids kinds of questions you’re looking for? :robot:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.