Practicing while drunk

Isn’t it like scientifically proven, that at least the speaking gets better and more “fluent” while drunk? :smiley:

1 Like

I think it just you stop caring about grammar and let it goes. It’s one of the skill that I need to practice when I tried to improve my English fluency.

So yeah, alcohol could benefit your langauge output by doing that but it won’t do any good when trying to learn something (input)

3 Likes

French came out much more naturally with a little beer :smiley:

4 Likes

Same with me. But that’s because I never read.

1 Like

Ever wonder if it was more like that scene from the wolf of wallstreet though, the one where he thinks he drove the car great but in reality… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

After watching Cells At Work: Code Black, I don’t think I’ll even take a sip of alcohol. Also, your liver will prioritize breaking down alcohol before fat so… nope.

1 Like

Yeah that anime make me feel really sorry for every single cells in my body… Especially, those hard working loli latelet.

2 Likes

No… Just no… There is no drunken fist of studying. Being drunk prevents you from remembering things.

I mean, I understand if you want to relax and I too have kicked back a beer at the start of a Friday or Saturday night while getting my reviews done for the night. There’s no advantage to it though. It’s a handicap overall. Enjoy using WK responsibly. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

My Japanese is fine when drunk, but yeah, it gets a little rough when I do what Leo DiCaprio did.

1 Like

I’ll be closing this thread as I’d generally discourage discussing alcohol and the effects in a casual manner like this on the forums, and I’d also want to put out a reminder about what’s written in Goal 3. Thanks.

9 Likes