Post your J-CAT score!

To be honest, a lot, especially between March to July (before my university life got in the way). Without WK it was probably at least 10 hrs/week, if not more. Since July I haven’t done much other than keeping my 7.5 days/level pace in WK and regular variety shows (without subs) and drama (with subs) watching. It’s more for fun and stress relief, but since I google some words I don’t understand, it actually helps with listening + vocab.

Gonna get back to regular grammar studying soon, after I settle down moving across continents next month :slight_smile:

3 Likes

lol I was soooo lost in the Listening section and the grammar and vocab left me no time to read. ; ; In Reading I didn’t even know what I was supposed to answer. Oh, well. Hope I laugh at this in six months.

Listening 12
Vocabulary 40
Grammar 15
Reading 29
Total 96

1 Like

Just took mine today. Not under ideal circumstances, but whatever ^^.
Everything went up by around 13 points from the last time, except for grammar which went down by 16 points.
I mean sure i’m not doing grammar currently since i’m travelling, but I don’t think i dropped in grammar that much and actually passed the JLPT N3 during that time.

I feel like the grammar score has way too few questions to say anything definitive about your grammar abilities. Same with the vocabulary section btw.

PAST ---> PRESENT
Listening          53         69
Vocabulary         50         64
Grammar            52         36
Reading            45         58    

Total              200        227
1 Like

I felt so behind on all questions, but I did surprisingly well (I felt like I’d get waaaay lower)

JCAT score

I don’t know how I did this well on grammar considering I’ve only been learning grammar the last few months. Need to work on reading even though I felt like listening went a million times worse.

If you get to lvl 60, how many points do you get in the vocab section?

jcato

The reading score is disappointing, but oh well.

3 Likes

Well, just signed up. Will say what I get after I take it. Also Kannagi, you appear to be a beast at this.

2 Likes

I just did the practice questions on the jcat site…the 30 second ones are way too fast. I can read and understand what is written pretty well, but I only get through reading the question and the first 2 or 3 options before the 30 seconds is up. I am a pretty slow test taker though, so I guess it might just be me. That is making me look forward to taking this a lot less now.

How much does this take to finish? 1h? I’m thinking of doing it today :thinking:

Sounds like an hour plus or so…but you need to sign up a few days in advance I think

1 Like

Oh shiii… xD I tried earlier today and it suddenly started checking if I had all the stuff (like flash) ready to do it. And I was likeeeee: NOOOOT NOWWWWWWWW! I WAS JUST TESTIIIINGG!! Apparently the flash didn’t activate so nothing happened :thinking:

1 Like

Oh, yeah the site just checks that before it lets you sign up and give your name and email, but the test does not actually start. To start the test you need to put in a password which they will email to you as well as your email. So you were probably safe anyways…

1 Like

Oh okay, that makes sense :slight_smile: I’ll register then. Thanks for the tip!

1 Like

No problem. I was slightly confused at first too. I hope someone has a suggestion for the fast questions though…Maybe slow people are just doomed. Guess I will have to see.

I think the test has taken about 45 minutes for me each time, but it can vary a lot from what I’ve heard.

The speed of the questions is part of the examination. The JCAT is adaptive, so it will get easier for each question you fail, or something like that.

2 Likes

Ok, I was afraid that that might be the case…oh well. I guess I will just have to give it a wing and find out where I suck and then improve…Thanks Kumi.

I’m going to take the J-Cat in a few days. I expect I’ll suck.

I expect you’ll do better than you think.

Going off of what kumi said, its adapts to what it thinks your skill level is. Because of this, the questions should always feel pretty hard. I thought I had failed, as each question was really hard, and was fully ready to get placed at N5 level, but I almost hit N2.

Neba gibu appu

2 Likes

I appreciate the confidence, but my listening skills SUCK.

I wonder if my previous scores are saved in the archived thread…