Phrases from Media that you can remember super easy

It’s also so nice that by having watched a lot of different shows I know kun’yomi for a lot of kanji by now, so WK is going much easier :wink:

Lets see
From Danganronpa
絶望 希望
証明
はんにん
There is this video on loop of Naegi Makoto saying
それでちがうよ
これで僕の答え
これで証明(し?)
そうか分かったぞう
はんにんは君なんだ
The entire thing is stuck in my head so makes it easy to recall the vocabs

Detective Conan
殺人
Assassination classroom
暗殺
殺す

And a bunch of other words lol

1 Like

My number one news word is 大統領. (level 22)
All day, on the news, I hear トランプ大統領.

2 Likes

Oooh, this sounds fun.

異議あり! is a big one from Ace Attorney, alongside about a thousand other words related to criminal trials. 裁判、弁護士、検事、証人、犯人、and so on and so forth.

I also learned 余計 about fifteen levels early because a character from Echoes said it in a really funny moment that stuck with me. I only heard it once, but that was all it took.

Plus the ものか grammar structure, which I learned from about ten years of maining Marth in Smash Bros. させるものか!

I technically didn’t learn まもなく from media, but much like the sponsor announcement about four different people mentioned above, I can still hear the woman’s voice announcing the trains every time I see that word.

To name a few.

3 Likes

i scanned through the replies to see if anyone mentioned it, guess i missed it XD it has a specific tone to it too, it gets really nostalgic when i hear it :laughing:

@tessberg gonna be honest i never heard it on an anime… i think. i used to always hear it on jdramas but that was in the 2000s lmao /o\

3 Likes

俺たちを誰だと思ってやがる!??!

One of my favorite lines from Gurren Lagann :smiley:

5 Likes

足が細い!

One of super easy to remember phrases from Time Taxi Special 2016.

Edit 1:

お金が全てじゃないの。

From Family Fortune War 遺産争族.

3 Likes

How could I forget the classic:

ーお前はもう死んでいる。
ー何?!

That’s 3 free kanji readings right there.

Bonus meme:
webmd-you-are-already-dead-37893016

9 Likes

倍返しだ!
半沢直樹

There’s several that seem to randomly stick, but one that I found funny was that 働く stuck super quickly, because the end of Cells at Work!'s OP the cast sings an echo of that.
はたらく~
はたらく~
はたらく~
There were no subs on the OP, so I was like “that sounds familiar” in the lesson, until I realized I was singing it in the first review. :stuck_out_tongue:
(Obviously the anime itself has はたらく as part of the name, but I had only noticed the dub name until then)

1 Like

my listening comprehension is abysmal, but one day was listening to Japanese news podcast (NHK I guess?) on the way to work, and some news story was talking about some kind of international political goings-on. The news story was absolutely peppered with “Toranpuだいとうりょう” here, “Pyuuchinだいとうりょう”, “Makuruだいとうりょう”, even “Nixonだいとうりょう” and “Eisenhowerだいとうりょう”.

That word だいとうりょう IMMEDIATELY went from “never heard before” to the equivalent of Wanikani ‘Burned’ status in my brain, just from that 2 minute story which, to me, was otherwise a complete puddle of gibberish. I wish I could instantly-memorize all words this quickly!

3 Likes

It’s honestly really hard not to hear the original voices when reading that. lol

4 Likes

My favorite is もっとーもっと from Madagascar 2, it’s so nice you say it twice.

1 Like

馬鹿者が!ドイツの科学は世界一!

4 Likes

From JoJo part 2
その身尽きてもその魂は死なず。シーザーツェペリここに眠る
From Hibike! Euphonium
「響け! ユーフォニアム」その音の温かさを私はいつまでも忘れない
From Fate
告げる! and 令呪をもって(我が肉体に)命ずる!

届ける because it’s not a shounen anime if there isn’t at least one scene with a character yelling 届けえええ! during an attack.
Also if you don’t remember 選択 after playing/watching Steins;Gate you probably weren’t paying attention.

1 Like

Same for me, 大統領 somehow sounded very memorable!

Another phrase that stuck in my head from a movie is 大きなお世話なんですけど :stuck_out_tongue:

私失敗しないので。

From Doctor X 1 - 6. ドクター X.

独身生活幸せです。
A会えてK結婚しない男子。

From Tokyo Bachelors. 東京独身男子

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.